Company bank account needed question?

I have a Thai company opened now which is being closed. I am director. But I've never had a bank account in Thailand setup in the company name. Only have bank accounts in personal name. the check can only be issued in the company name.

I have a power of attorney given to a lawyer. They would like to deposit a check to the company name.... I'm not in Thailand due to some health issues.

Is there any way to open a bank account in the company name while being overseas? Or is the only way to fly to Thailand and Open the account there? Then deposit the check.  Or can I open a bank account in the Thai company name in another country and get wire directions into it.

Thanks for your help

Are you the sole director?

I set my business partner/shareholder as a director so that she can sign if I am not available.

I also agree with OneMoreFarang - my accountant does everything for me (including forging signatures now and again).

The last time that I used a lawyer was almost 8 years ago and that was not business related. (My wife died without a will.)

Can they produce a cashier's cheque instead of one to a company?

That happened when I sold some land that was in the company name.

Edited by Tropicalevo

They are so anal about depositing a check here, so I doubt you can get around this.

My wife sold her condo 6 months ago. The bank draft was made at the land office in her name and the bank would not process it. It required 6 phone calls to the bank officer who issued a check to her at the land office to get it approved just because the amount was over 1 million baht.

This was a bank draft (so money already taken out) in her name, to a Thai citizen issued in front of a bunch of witnesses by another major bank at the land office. 

This country is insane.

Thanks for your responses. I'm the only director but there are two Thai shareholders. What I'm told is the land department needs to see a photocopy of a check from the buyer. They could tear it up and then a bank reissue it my name. But I'm told that's not very good practice and maybe risky. Looks like I might have to fly there open a bank account.