Kanchanaburi Border Run

Hi all...

I'm on a Non-O Multiple Entry Visa, I leave every three months, turn around and come straight back. I usually head to Cambodia but as you know, their visa takes up a full page of the passport plus costs 1500 baht.

So I was planning on heading to the Kanchanaburi border this time around, to Myanmar. I understand that I have to make my way to Kanchanaburi and then catch another bus to another town/border checkpoint from there? Is it easy to get a connecting bus there from Kanchanaburi Station or will it require a taxi journey?

And is there a fee to pay on the border?

Any advice would help, thanks in advance!

22 hours ago, Scoobydoo1 said:

Hi all...

I'm on a Non-O Multiple Entry Visa, I leave every three months, turn around and come straight back. I usually head to Cambodia but as you know, their visa takes up a full page of the passport plus costs 1500 baht.

So I was planning on heading to the Kanchanaburi border this time around, to Myanmar. I understand that I have to make my way to Kanchanaburi and then catch another bus to another town/border checkpoint from there? Is it easy to get a connecting bus there from Kanchanaburi Station or will it require a taxi journey?

Hi,

You are doing it all wrong for Cambodia.

Apply online and pay direct to Cambodian government for a tourist visa 1 week before you intend to use it.

It will be sent to your email in the form of a PDF, and you print it, cut it out and staple it into your passport.

After your trip, take it out of your passport, and you have an unscathed clean page plus you have paid the correct fee to the Cambodian government online.

Nobody will stick it in to your passport, they will just stamp in and out on a nearby page.

I do it all the time.

https://www.evisa.gov.kh/

Edited by Scouse123

22 hours ago, Scoobydoo1 said:

Hi all...

I have answered you with the easy way for Cambodia.

If the Myanmar border was open, of course there would be fees, it is inevitable, but it isn't so it doesn't matter.

Edited by Scouse123

head a bit further south to Ranong and take the boat across to Kwathoung>  Burmese stamp $10 valid for a 14 days stay in Kwathoung ( limited to 20 kms from town)
boat across is 50 baht/seat or 500 for the whole boat

Cambodia voa is $30 
evisa $36 but as stated its only an entry stamp

10 minutes ago, zzzzz said:

head a bit further south to Ranong and take the boat across to Kwathoung>  Burmese stamp $10 valid for a 14 days stay in Kwathoung ( limited to 20 kms from town)
boat across is 50 baht/seat or 500 for the whole boat

Cambodia voa is $30 
evisa $36 but as stated its only an entry stamp

• Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, Scouse123 said:

Hi,

You are doing it all wrong for Cambodia.

Apply online and pay direct to Cambodian government for a tourist visa 1 week before you intend to use it.

It will be sent to your email in the form of a PDF, and you print it, cut it out and staple it into your passport.

After your trip, take it out of your passport, and you have an unscathed clean page plus you have paid the correct fee to the Cambodian government online.

Nobody will stick it in to your passport, they will just stamp in and out on a nearby page.

I do it all the time.

https://www.evisa.gov.kh/

Cheers, appreciate this.

5 hours ago, Scouse123 said:

Edited by Scoobydoo1
Spelling mistake
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, visarunner said:

and which border you usually use ?

I don't do border runs, I have retirement extension, but I just like to save space in my passport.

I actually did do one earlier this year, but it wasn't a border run.

We crossed the land border at Chong Chom as I had a minibus booked to take my UK family to see the temples.

1 hour ago, Scouse123 said:

We crossed the land border at Chong Chom as I had a minibus booked to take my UK family to see the temples.

That would be a friendly border for a border run as well, but its location is less convenient than others for most people.

• Like 1