Illegal guns, not gun control laws, are the problem in Thailand

webfact

2 minutes ago, Dogmatix said:

Some of the UK, Oz and NZ rules that are more liberal than Thailand would be welcomed by sports shooters here.  Those countries have vigorous hunting and target rifle communities. Thailand has no hunting but a growing community of target rifle shooters. In those countries you have to keep rifles and ammo secured but you are allowed to hand load ammo and buy replacement barrels which are not allowed here.  You are also allowed to taken your gun and ammo to the range, unloaded and properly separated, whereas Thai cops will shake you down and say ridiculous things like you should have a concealed carry permit, if they find your rifle and ammo in the car, despite the fact you have a license to use it for sport. This is, of course, an excuse to shake down sports shooters for cash because the law is vague on this point.  How can you use a rifle for sport, if you can't take it out of the house?

Personally I am not so interested in handguns any more and wouldn't care too much, if they stopped issuing licenses for them.  However, I would like to keep one or two of the licensed handguns I have at home to protect my family, since I already have them. Nevertheless it has to be said that that there is a huge sports shooting community in Thailand and over 90% of it is handguns.  This is huge business and it is going to be difficult to shut this down.  Anyway over 90% of gun violence involves illegal guns.  If the police could shut a fraction of that down, it would be a big positive.

So you don't keep "Your" guns locked up? There not even in your name are they? That alone is not legal in Thailand. My guess is your an American. Do you actually live in Thailand?

On 12/14/2023 at 9:38 PM, dinsdale said:

Guns are the problem. Legal or not. Sadly another problem is adults with the emotional control of a baby having a tantrum have them.

Agree 100%......but expect to get hell for that comment from the swivel eyed loons.

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1