Two Words For Angry

eefoo

Can anyone please tell me the difference in the usage between these two words. Do they imply different levels of angryness? โกรธ and โมโห

Edit -English typo!!

Edited by eefoo

There was a thread about this before, I think I might have started it.

More recently I asked my Thai teacher about it and she explained that basically โกรธ was a little stronger and kept inside whilst โมโห was more clearly visible.

There was a thread about this before, I think I might have started it.

More recently I asked my Thai teacher about it and she explained that basically โกรธ was a little stronger and kept inside whilst โมโห was more clearly visible.

I've always considered that โกรธ was nearer to 'annoyed' whilst โมโห was angry. The display explained by withnail seems to agree with this methinks.

Be happy

เดือดแค้น deuat kaen is 'furious'.

I'd say โกรธ was used when angry as the result of someone doing something, or something happening.

โมโห - pissed off in general.

I've heard -ถือโกรธ meaning resentment, but think if you are very angry and bear a grudge it would be ความไม่พอใจ.

How would you translate ความคับแค้นใจ ?

Edited by Neeranam

Thanks for the replies. Sorry I didn't think to check to see if the question had been asked before; I was tired and confused when I got in last night. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

I've got the difference between โกรธ and โมโห now, I think - although I try very hard not to become either when in LOS. Can't say I've come across ความคับแค้นใจ although it certainly does imply an element of "Not Happy"