Lazada refunds - how long wait?

WorriedNoodle

I prepaid for an item on Lazada that the web site offered on sale and was debited from my credit card at KBank immediately as is normal. Then the vendor says there is no stock and cancels the order five minutes later but the vendor is a large reputable shop so not worried there.

Lazada says the refund is complete and should show up on my method of payment (KBank credit card) during next billing cycle? My credit card shows credits and debits on a daily log using my KBank app, but after 3 weeks there is no refund?

How long does Lazada normally take to do this?

Agoda--When I got to the hotel it was full and no record of my booking, 10 days to get a refund for their error. Won't use them again

Food Panda--They cancelled the order, 5 WEEKS to get the refund. Never used them after that

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, WorriedNoodle said:

Wife just advised me that she transferred money back to my account because the shop (Tops) that she purchased Olive Oil from is out of stock.

She ordered the Olive Oil about 2 days ago, Lazada refunded her today, so something going on in your case IMO.

Better crack the whip, Lazada have always been good with us, even with returns, might take a week as they wait for the shop to confirm that they received the returned product then reimburse us.

2 hours ago, WorriedNoodle said:

I prepaid for an item on Lazada that the web site offered on sale and was debited from my credit card at KBank immediately as is normal. Then the vendor says there is no stock and cancels the order five minutes later but the vendor is a large reputable shop so not worried there.

Lazada says the refund is complete and should show up on my method of payment (KBank credit card) during next billing cycle? My credit card shows credits and debits on a daily log using my KBank app, but after 3 weeks there is no refund?

Give 'em another week. You ain't starvin' yet. Contact customer service then if needed. 

Never had any problems receiving a refund from Lazada on my credit card. I've used it for years, best way to pay IMO. Condo office receives packages and I retrieve them when convenient.

My card app also tracks in and out in pseudo real-time (minutes).

BUT

Lazada refunds don't seem to trigger it or appear on the online statement until the billing cycle completes when there they are in all their glory and showing on the date that I got the "refund complete" message. 

They say next billing cycle and that's what happens.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, mickylongtime said:

i  was about order with my card for the first time ........but was not worth doing as COD ON DELIVERY WAS BEST DONT GIVE OUT YOUR CARD DETAILS .GOOD LUCK WITH THE REFUND.

I've been using a Thai debit card and, occasionally a UK credit card for about 10 years. I've never had any issues. Refunds are paid very promptly, usually within 3 to 4 days. 

Refunds are much more difficult if you use COD and is not recommended for that reason. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

I only ever use COD but only buy items under 500 Baht and from accredited sellers on Lazada Mall - the nuber one issue is not price - it is number of sales made and number of stars in reviews.   

I say this only because Lazada is SO GOOD - compared to Aust online. Anyone here thinking maybe maybe not should give them a try . Sometimes when I order something on Lazada it is deliverd that afternoon, and never more than a few days - and they deliver on Saturday and Sunday.  I bought 5 things on Friday - the last 3 items were delivered today. 

As an EBay user in Aust I am so impressed - EBay forces payment upfront (no COD) and very slow to deliver. Not many problems, but when nothing arrives, you have to go through a long difficult process to get the money back.  I have bought a lot of items COD on Lazada and never a problem. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Moonlover said:

I've been using a Thai debit card and, occasionally a UK credit card for about 10 years. I've never had any issues. Refunds are paid very promptly, usually within 3 to 4 days. 

Refunds are much more difficult if you use COD and is not recommended for that reason. 

I only use a UK credit card and have never had a problem with the few returns/refunds I have required!  All refunds and been done in 3 days at most!

• Thumbs Up 1