Thai Bank or Thai Broker that allows you to buy US stocks

billaaa777

59 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

You can open a U.S. account online with companies such as Charles Schwab.  They just make you submit some documentation.

Last time I looked international account openings at SCWB were starting at 25000 USD. Other brokers like IBKR no minimum but will need a few thousand at least to get going.

27 minutes ago, tilac01 said:

Can a Thai citizen residing in Thailand open an account with Schwab?

I don't think so - the closest I got was Kasikorn Bank has a program - and I wanted to have my niece investing but she is too young - I think 21 was the minimum age... 

30 minutes ago, Puccini said:

Who are the onshore brokers, ie brokers in Thailand, who allow buying US stocks?

Kiatnakin Phatra Bank for one, Krungthai Zmico Securities for two, UOBAM for three....most offer nominee accounts as I recall.

https://www.asktraders.com/learn-to-trade/stock-trading/us-stocks-from-thailand/

17 hours ago, billaaa777 said:

purchasing US stocks

Do be aware that if you're not a US citizen there's a 40% death tax on US stocks after the first US$ 60,000.  It's generally better to buy non-US mutual funds and non-US ETFs which invest in the US.

14 hours ago, tilac01 said:

Can a Thai citizen residing in Thailand open an account with Schwab?

To be eligible to open an international account with Schwab, you'll need to be at least 18 years of age, have a valid passport or government-issued ID, and meet certain residency requirements. You'll also need to provide proof of your address and income, and may be required to provide additional documentation depending on your country of residence.

What countries are restricted by Swissquote?

Where Swissquote is not authorized by the supervisory authority of a certain country, Swissquote can as a general rule not promote financial and banking services in that country. In particular, Swissquote is not authorized by the supervisory authorities of the USA, Canada, United Kingdom, Germany, Italy, and France.