underweight products in stores

tgw

1 hour ago, tgw said:

Brand products were ok, always at or above the weight on the label, but several products sold under their own in-house brand were under weight by 5 to 8%.

Perhaps they reduced the package weight (like everyone else), and just couldn't be bothered to update the new weight on the label. (Often when I buy groceries, I pay more at the check-out than what the shelf labels indicate.)

21 minutes ago, stoner said:

Oh so you would be OK going to the gas station paying for a litre and getting 800ml. 

Cool man.

To be honest, I wouldn't have a clue. Neither do I look at the scales when we go shop in the local market. Nor do I count my small change. (another mundane topic that turned up recently)

There are better things in life to be enjoying in whatever time I have left on this planet, than to be mithered by such trifling details.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

41 minutes ago, Moonlover said:

To be honest, I wouldn't have a clue. Neither do I look at the scales when we go shop in the local market. Nor do I count my small change. (another mundane topic that turned up recently)

There are better things in life to be enjoying in whatever time I have left on this planet, than to be mithered by such trifling details.

Trifling to one is important to another. Good for me I have plenty of time left to trifle about it. 

Make sure you don't run out of gas.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

What were the several different products that were underweight? 

I do agree with the OP, but I can't comment on Thailand because I moved back to the west. When I buy meat, it always includes a silicon pack, if you take that out and all the water included it is never the weight as it says on the label of the pack.

4 hours ago, StayinThailand2much said:

Perhaps they reduced the package weight (like everyone else), and just couldn't be bothered to update the new weight on the label. (Often when I buy groceries, I pay more at the check-out than what the shelf labels indicate.)

Duh! More fool you, Cowboy

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, n00dle said:

Back in the day most drugs were .1 shy of a gram

And let's just say that you, you the nOOdle were actually, intelectually agile enough to know this, were you still stupid enough to pay full price?

8 hours ago, Moonlover said:

the ideal customer, they can short change and overcharge you easy, well done

• Thanks 2

Did you weight more than1 sample of each product?  It’s been a since I worked with consumer products here in Thailand but I believe the regulation is that a batch of product must average label claim.  This means that some will be above and some below the stated label weight.

On 12/17/2023 at 6:43 PM, Moonlover said:

All I can say is: 'hasn't the O/P got better things to do with his time than weigh his shopping?'

Even wasting time on this forum beats that!

I assume you are a wealthy person who does not object to paying an extra 5 - 8% on purchases ?

11 minutes ago, cracker1 said:

I assume you are a wealthy person who does not object to paying an extra 5 - 8% on purchases ?

Is that some kind of joke? No I am not a wealthy person at all, I just have better things to do with my time than worrying about odd few baht that I may be losing out on.

• Sad 1
  • Agree 1