More Lifeguards At Patong Beach As 4 A.M. Night Venue Closing Rolls On

webfact

image.jpeg

WITH night venues at Phuket’s Patong beach zone now allowed to stay open till 4 a.m. provincial authorities have ordered lifeguards to closely watch Patong beach as they are afraid tourists might go swimming after they have shut, TV Channel 7 and Matichon newspaper said today (Dec. 17).

Phuket is among four provinces aside from Bangkok where extended opening hours of entertainment venues are now allowed outside of hotel premises with those within hotels allowed to do so across the country.

Those entertainment spots in the capital, Phuket, Chiang Mai, Chonburi which geographically covers Pattaya and Koh Samui off Surat Thani, either within the premises of hotels or without, may now legally open until 4 a.m.

by TNR Staff 

Full story: THAI NEWSROOM 2023-12-18

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

I usually go to Bangla at least five nights a week for beers, food and people-watching. I generally arrive at just after 11pm and the last week or so I struggled to find a good spot in my favourite bars and a couple of times ended up down Soi Sea Dragon. I usually head home at about 2am and by then it is dying - but of course it costs the bar owners nothing to stay open longer.

Not my favourite bar (loud distorted music) but Kangaroo is a good example. It is one of the biggest and most popular and it is impossible to find a decent slot at the front at 11pm - at 2am there are plenty of spaces.