British artist, Tracey Emin, hospitalised in Thailand after infection in intestines

webfact

image.jpeg

A British artist, Tracey Emin, paused her long journey home from Australia to seek treatment in Phuket province in southern Thailand after an infection nearly caused her small intestine to explode.

The 60 year old artist shared about her illness on her Instagram account @traceyeminstudio yesterday, December 17, stating…

“This is my first post in a long time. I have been doing shows, I have been travelling and I’ve been very unwell. Not cancer but horrible complications with my intestines brought on by an infection, scar tissue and made a million times worse by flying.

My small intestine nearly exploded. Luckily for me, I was in Thailand on my way back from Australia, so I spent a few days in a very good hospital and am now recovering in luxury.”

Emin was in Australia last month for the opening of her art exhibition in Canberra and was on her way home when she suffered a terrible intestinal complication. She spent a few days at Bangkok Hospital Phuket before moving to the luxury resort of Amanpuri for further recovery.

by Petch Petpailin 
Photo via Instagram @traceyeminstudioFull story: The Thaiger 2023-12-18

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, Denim said:

An example of her work :

image.png.7556a0a6d712c340e33c5d26fd5443f3.png

I think the average monger on a bender provided inspiration for this.

Another of hers titled ....' Everyone I ever slept with ' :

image.png.0cd2b3f4920c90dcc522e8c72eaae4a4.png

Pathetic. My one similar in concept was as big as a marquee.

Both apparently absolutely brilliant, according to those who know about such things,  Mind you another guy was afforded a similar accolade for cutting a cow in half and pickling it in formaldehyde anybody else lucky enough to have seen or heard of that masterpiece ? 

The rest of us are just to dumb to understand or appreciate such genius......or so they say

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, webfact said:

image.jpeg

A British artist, Tracey Emin, paused her long journey home from Australia to seek treatment in Phuket province in southern Thailand after an infection nearly caused her small intestine to explode.

The 60 year old artist shared about her illness on her Instagram account @traceyeminstudio yesterday, December 17, stating…

“This is my first post in a long time. I have been doing shows, I have been travelling and I’ve been very unwell. Not cancer but horrible complications with my intestines brought on by an infection, scar tissue and made a million times worse by flying.

My small intestine nearly exploded. Luckily for me, I was in Thailand on my way back from Australia, so I spent a few days in a very good hospital and am now recovering in luxury.”

Emin was in Australia last month for the opening of her art exhibition in Canberra and was on her way home when she suffered a terrible intestinal complication. She spent a few days at Bangkok Hospital Phuket before moving to the luxury resort of Amanpuri for further recovery.

by Petch Petpailin 
Photo via Instagram @traceyeminstudioFull story: The Thaiger 2023-12-18

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

And.....? 🥱

• Sad 1

On 12/18/2023 at 1:23 PM, Denim said:

An example of her work :

Piss Artist !.

On 12/18/2023 at 1:23 PM, Denim said:

An example of her work :

This is the kind of literal garbage that gets huge taxpayer subsidies and wins the prestigious Turner Prize.

JMW Turner was an infinitely better artist than this degeneracy and the government should remove his name from this Prize.

• Thanks 2

7 hours ago, Classic Ray said:

That was Damian Hirst. I don’t understand this art myself but I applaud people pushing the boundaries. Google Sam Stefan, whom I know. His work is gaining some traction.

Yep, Damian pushes the boundaries with some 'challenging' stuff. :biggrin: Was recently viewing some of his recent work at Yorkshire Sculpture Park last trip home.

Damien-Hirst-The-Virgin-Mother-2005-6..jpg

On 12/19/2023 at 6:03 AM, SiSePuede419 said:

an infection nearly caused her small intestine to explode.

Probably ate too much Spotted Dick.

Wouldn't you love to wake up next to this lovely bird in the morning? 😀

Screenshot_20231219_060226_Google.jpg

Oh I wouldn't say no after a few changs,   I reckon she'd be as dirty as a dogs @r$e