Forum upgrade in progress! ×

How fast do you receive your EUR transfers with Wise?

For many years I have relied on Xendpay to transfer my pensions from Europe to Thailand. Transfers were relatively quick. I usually received my money the same day in the evening in my Thai bank account. Xendpay also had good conversion rates and very low transfer fees. But now that Xendpay is in receivership I had to look for an alternative and today I made my first transfer with Wise. They promised that I would receive my transfer within 6 hours in my Thai bank account. So far, after 7 hours no money has arrived.

My I ask my co-members how long it usually takes for you to receive your EUR transfers? Some answers might give me some insight. Your help is much appreciated.

To me depends on bank. If I send to Bangkok bank, it is usually next day at 2pm when funds land my account. If I send to krungsri, it is 1-3 minutes from click the send. 

I guess this is due to bkk bank being their local partner for the actual forex trade (visible as overseas source in bank book) whereas krungsri is just a local transfer. 

5 minutes ago, Wobblybob said:

Mine transfer is instant, I do a manual bank transfer to Kasikorn.

What does a manual transfer mean? Probably with a credit card. I transfer from my bank account in Germany, just across from the Swiss border. And you probably transfer from the UK? And do you transfer via Wise app?

15 hours ago, Pi Tao said:

With credit card, few minutes.

With bank account, less than 24 hours.

I do not understand this. Why will it matter how you get your money to Wise? If they have your money, they will send it.

The OP was asking how quickly it will arrive in Thailand, which depends on the reason you put for the transfer. 

Long Time Stay or Buying Property takes 24 hours, but arrives as an International Transfer. Most others arrive almost instantly.

1 minute ago, Dario said:

What does a manual transfer mean? Probably with a credit card. I transfer from my bank account in Germany, just across from the Swiss border. And you probably transfer from the UK? And do you transfer via Wise app?

There is a choice in Wise's menu that does it automatically for you, but it doesn't work for me so I have to log into my Bank Acc to manually transfer the money.

36 minutes ago, Dario said:

Well, the money did finally arrive in my Bangkok Bank account at 15:31. I was just worried because it was my first transfer with Wise.

The delay is more likely to be with BB than with WISE.

IME, my AUD transfers to a Kasikorn account take less than an hour, whereas my BB account can be more than 24 hours.

1 hour ago, Wobblybob said:

There is a choice in Wise's menu that does it automatically for you, but it doesn't work for me so I have to log into my Bank Acc to manually transfer the money.

As you can see in my post, I also do it manually. I also have to log into my bank account to transfer money to Wise.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Dario said:

As you can see in my post, I also do it manually. I also have to log into my bank account to transfer money to Wise.

A couple of times I have used Wise to transfer Euros from Germany to Thailand, takes always 24-36 hours.

No idea why people are so obsessed about the timing, wallet empty?

I send EUR from my WISE account to Bangkok Bank with purpose long time stay in Thailand.

Arrives next working day about 2 PM marked as FTT (foreign transfer).

(if initiating early morning it arrives same day)

I can sleep well with that.

I know that "seconds" transfers are possible possible (with no FTT entry?).

The real time consumer is transferring from my German account to WISE Belgian account. Banking of the 19th century style. Computers sleep on weekends.

• Agree 2

There's no one answer to the OP's question.  Funding source, reason for transfer, destination bank and amount being transferred can all affect the processing time.

The long stay or buying property reasons mentioned above seem to be the most frequently discussed as lengthening the time to ensure the overseas origin is indicated.  The value of the transfer seems to change but can be manipulated by adjusting the amount sent.

On 12/19/2023 at 5:32 PM, mran66 said:

To me depends on bank. If I send to Bangkok bank, it is usually next day at 2pm when funds land my account. If I send to krungsri, it is 1-3 minutes from click the send

Same like me, sending money from Wise to my Bangkok Bank account as international transaction, it usually arrives my account next day 2pm Bangkok time. If i send it to my Kasikorn account, it takes about 20 seconds.

• 4 weeks later...

Well, today I made another transfer with Wise from Germany to Thailand and it was here within less than a minute, probably in seconds! AMAZING !! Thank you Wise.