Money Changers In Pattaya

Mobi

In recent years I have always bought my foreign currency at a bank.

However I have read in TV several times about money changers in Pattaya having better rates than the banks.

Does anyone know if this is the case, and if so where they may be found?

Thanks

Mobi

In recent years I have always bought my foreign currency at a bank.

However I have read in TV several times about money changers in Pattaya having better rates than the banks.

Does anyone know if this is the case, and if so where they may be found?

Thanks

Mobi

Try "Bank Gold" in Soi Rungland, that is across from the CAT telecom building.

It looks like a gold shop but they exchange money.

Same same but different....... :o

The rates are roughly the same....most of them use the Bangkok Bank exchange rates....some will charge a small fee.

I just use my CC and the ATM's....find I usually get a better rate by the time the transaction comes into Oz

The rates are roughly the same....most of them use the Bangkok Bank exchange rates....some will charge a small fee.

I just use my CC and the ATM's....find I usually get a better rate by the time the transaction comes into Oz

No fee at Bank Gold and they beat the bank rates.

On a related matter, a financial guru once gave me a tip that still today I find of great value. He told me that the best time to change money was at Midday on Monday. I didn't quite understand his reasoning at the time, but suffice to say it was something to do with the money markets opening/closing - but I find that his advice rang true... perhaps you can check it out yourselves :o

I have a funny story.

I needed some small change dollar bills for a trip to Laos so I went to the guesthouse money changer

across the street from Tony's Disco, Walking Street. When asked the rate, the clerk asked me what would I like it be? I was taken aback, because I never thought of changing money like buying a kilo of rambutan. I was then offered a better rate than the banks. Maybe because small bills are worth less?

On a related matter, a financial guru once gave me a tip that still today I find of great value. He told me that the best time to change money was at Midday on Monday. I didn't quite understand his reasoning at the time, but suffice to say it was something to do with the money markets opening/closing - but I find that his advice rang true... perhaps you can check it out yourselves :o

Midday on Monday - where?

Japan? Europe? US?

Money markets are open at all hours these days, but the big players are in those three centres.

Found Bank Gold - within walking distance of Doctor Olivier.

They didn't have a single Aussie Dollar - in fact he asked me if I had any coz he needed some. :o

I left my card and he promised to call if he came across any :D

Hi Jimmy. Are you saying that at "Bank Gold" I can use CC/debit cards issued by a US bank? If so, I'll check it out later. I've been using them for years, but only for cash transactions. TIA

Got my dollars this afternoon. Good rate - no commision. :o

BTW - another Weho moment. The young guy deputed to count and give me the money couldn't count!! He tried 3 times, and eventuially a woman took the money away fom him and put him out his misery.

She and Mr "Bank Gold" told me he was a new employee - still learning :D

TIT :D

Hi Jimmy. Are you saying that at "Bank Gold" I can use CC/debit cards issued by a US bank? If so, I'll check it out later. I've been using them for years, but only for cash transactions. TIA

Don't think they work with Credit Cards or Travel Checks, it is a cash based place like Vasu in Bangkok.

They move cash.

From what i was told they swap baht for foriegn money with all the indian tailors wanting to take US, Aus, Euro and the like back to india, trading like this helps them keep it all in house and better rates