Thailand police, and ridiculous statements

CanadaSam

Step-daughter driving straight on a road, guy suddenly turns left and obviously there is an accident.

Wife goes to police station and the cop says daughter is at fault.

Wife asks, was my daughter wrong in driving in the left lane?  Yes, says the cop.

Anybody have Anutin's phone number?  I am furious!!!

• Confused 2
  • Agree 2

21 hours ago, HonkieH said:

Does your daughter have insurance? Was her agent involved? The other party have insurance? Let the insurance agents sort it out, why involve the police?

Agree unless someone is injured, their not bothered, even camera footage, could only bring a charge and small fine, also OP doesn't tell us whether she was driving a car or M/C.  I was indicating a left turn one day when a M/C undertook me, she came tumbling off then picked up her bike and drove off. That was the day I brought a dash cam.

Edited by brianthainess

On 12/20/2023 at 3:16 PM, CanadaSam said:

Step-daughter driving straight on a road, guy suddenly turns left and obviously there is an accident.

Wife goes to police station and the cop says daughter is at fault.

Wife asks, was my daughter wrong in driving in the left lane?  Yes, says the cop.

Anybody have Anutin's phone number?  I am furious!!!

I hope you don't drive a motor vehicle like you're talking about:post-4641-1156694572:

1 hour ago, Jenkins9039 said:

I always undertake on the left if that's what you mean - if so it would be her fault.

<deleted> hogging the right lane as usual but going 40 lol

I don't agree with that. If he turned left from the right hand lane (where there are 2 lanes) across her lane, he used the lanes improperly. She could have been going the same speed as him, not overtaking in the left lane, then she did nothing wrong. I still remember my first driving test video here, keep left, keep left, keep left!! 

If you explain in more details what exactly took place then and only then can we make an informed judgement,  not with the minimal explanation you've given so far .....   

was she in the far left lane   ?

did the driver in front suddenly brake and turn left and your stepdaughter hit him from behind  ?

or did something else occur ?   

• Agree 1

On 12/22/2023 at 9:07 AM, it is what it is said:

doesn't sound like you were there.

sorry to generalise, but thai's aren't know for their acceptance of responsibility. do you have any independent evidence of what actually happened, dash cam for example?

Well said.

OP is furious yet if he wasn't there then he has no idea what really happened.

Not saying the stepdaughter is not telling the truth, but OP is going of only one side of the story. I bet we would hear a different version from the other driver.