Jomtien Retirement Extension, Re-entry Permit Experience

22 minutes ago, ThailandNinja said:

If you book an appointment time online in advance, do you still have to go to the ticket queue, or go direct to the desk?
It feels unclear to me. Have to do my extension in January.

btw, great report by the OP. 👍

last i heard the online appointment thing was a waste of time, needed to get a queue number like everyone else.

The 90 days financials is still required at Jomtien but not enforced, plus of course those using an agent don't do it

13 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

The 90 days financials is still required at Jomtien but not enforced, plus of course those using an agent don't do it

Though one must wonder whether this will come back and bite the people who don't do it at their next extension ?

32 minutes ago, bigt3116 said:

Though one must wonder whether this will come back and bite the people who don't do it at their next extension ?

In all the time that Jomtien has been requiring a report back with bank book 90 days after extension, they have not set up any system to track whether a person does or does not report back.  From reports of those that do report back, they make no record of the visit.

Also, I have seen several reports from those that did not report back with bank book that there were nothing said by Immigration Officer(s) when they did their next extension. I have yet to see any report that a person had a problem because they didn't report back.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Banana7 said:

It seemed like the lady in immigration uniform in the desk 1 area, was the holdup, by large (20-25) batch processing the passports, instead of returning them 2 or 3 at a time as in previous years.  Over 2 hours to get the re-entry permit.

I confirm this highly inefficient procedure when applying for the re-entry permit in Jomtien.

I had times with not more than ten minutes waiting for this. No one can explain why they do not give the passports back when three or four have been processed.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

last i heard the online appointment thing was a waste of time, needed to get a queue number like everyone else.

So what's the point of the online E-extension thing then? Don't you get a queue number once you do it online?

They have a huge sign next to the queue desk that it's a quicker way of getting an extension. I think the steps were:

1. Upload documents

2. Pay the fee online - anyone know if you can  pay the 1,900 baht by a credit card???

3. I forgot what the last step was on the sign.

46 minutes ago, bbi1 said:

So what's the point of the online E-extension thing then? Don't you get a queue number once you do it online?

They have a huge sign next to the queue desk that it's a quicker way of getting an extension. I think the steps were:

1. Upload documents

2. Pay the fee online - anyone know if you can  pay the 1,900 baht by a credit card???

3. I forgot what the last step was on the sign.

3. Go to immigration and get the stamp in passport. So you still have to go to immigration, what is the point? :)

The total fee is 1900 + 500 thb....and you can use credit card.

And it looks like you can't E-extend retirement visa?

Edited by ThailandNinja

7 minutes ago, ThailandNinja said:

3. Go to immigration and get the stamp in passport. So you still have to go to immigration, what is the point? :)

The total fee is 1900 + 500 thb....and you can use credit card.

And it looks like you can't extend retirement visa?

But do you still need to line up in the queue ticket line? So you have to pay an extra 500 baht to book an appointment online? What a ripoff. They don't mention any additional fees on the big sign next to the queue ticket counter. All the sign says is "a quicker and easier way to do your extension"

Edited by bbi1

1 minute ago, bbi1 said:

So you have to pay an extra 500 baht to book an appointment online? What a ripoff. They don't mention any additional fees on the big sign next to the queue ticket counter.

Visa fee: 1,900 THB

Service fee as following:
 Regular Service fee: 500 THB to get your E-Extension decision within the next 7 business days.
 Express Service fee: 1,500 THB to get your E-Extension decision within the next 3 business days.

Super urgent service fee: 5,000 THB *You can also apply for a super urgent service, to get your E-Extension decision within the next day (only business day).

Just now, ThailandNinja said:
Visa fee: 1,900 THB

Service fee as following:
 Regular Service fee: 500 THB to get your E-Extension decision within the next 7 business days.
 Express Service fee: 1,500 THB to get your E-Extension decision within the next 3 business days.

Super urgent service fee: 5,000 THB *You can also apply for a super urgent service, to get your E-Extension decision within the next day (only business day).

Well, that just sucks and it plain stupid. Pay 500 baht extra and have to wait another week. You may as well go there yourself and lodge it yourself. You still need to wait another one business day to get your passport back with the extension, which must be a recent thing as previously you got it back the same day.

18 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Is anyone in the Gov., investigating the huge FU in their procedures?

5 hours ago, xxeo said:

I confirm this highly inefficient procedure when applying for the re-entry permit in Jomtien.

I had times with not more than ten minutes waiting for this. No one can explain why they do not give the passports back when three or four have been processed.

Why bother doing at the busy IO office when you can do it in 5 minutes# AT THE AIRPORT ??

# assuming you have the form already filled out with photo attached  

I've been doing it like this for years now fly regularly to HK, or anywhere o overseas. (Mostly at BKK, but a couple of times at DMK)

Also, politely ushered to the front of the Imm desk by a uniformed officer.

Maybe because I'm in my early 70's !

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, orchidfan said:

Why bother doing at the busy IO office when you can do it in 5 minutes# AT THE AIRPORT ??

# assuming you have the form already filled out with photo attached  

Personally always do it at the airport.

BTW: immigration will take care of form, photo, processing for 200b at both Bangkok airports. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

6 hours ago, fulhamster said:

You can ? Mine is due on Xmas Day :biggrin:

I trash it immediately every year since they started this nonsense. There is ZERO repercussions. They don't even know why they do it...nor care or have any record if anyone has done it. It's STOOPID and so are they, about this. 

13 hours ago, bigt3116 said:

I did it the first year it was "required", and noticed they didn't take any notice or whatever. When I asked if didn't need a receipt or whatever as proof, they said no.

That's when I knew it was a waste of time, and haven't done it ever again

Edited by BenStark