December 26, 20232 yr I am looking to have my eyes tested for Glaucoma, does anyone have any recommendations in the Pattaya area ?
December 26, 20232 yr Jomtien or Bangkok Pattaya Hospital. It's top-notch, but you will pay for it, of course.
December 26, 20232 yr 32 minutes ago, bondjames007 said: I am looking to have my eyes tested for Glaucoma Why just glaucoma? Why not go for the full monty and test everything?
December 26, 20232 yr Pattaya International Hospital. I just had laser treatment there 2 weeks ago for a crazed cataract lens. Worked perfectly. From near blind to eyes like a sniper. The doc figured it out immediately and told me stuff no Aussie doctor had told me.
December 27, 20232 yr 13 hours ago, DudleySquat said: Why just glaucoma? Why not go for the full monty and test everything? Right. Do the whole bit with an ophthalmologist. All hospitals have them. Pattaya Memorial may be the cheapest private hsp in town. Good doc there who also works at Sirikit. Phyathai Sriricha is probably cheaper than the pvt hsps in Pattaya. Now you could also go to a public hsp, but there's a lot of waiting and you may well need a Thai speaker with you if you speak no Thai. I haven't checked w/ local public hsps, but I get my annual check at Sirikit. I'm sure Somdej in Sriricha can fix you up.
December 27, 20232 yr 2 minutes ago, BigStar said: Right. Do the whole bit with an ophthalmologist. All hospitals have them. Pattaya Memorial may be the cheapest private hsp in town. Good doc there who also works at Sirikit. Phyathai Sriricha is probably cheaper than the pvt hsps in Pattaya. Now you could also go to a public hsp, but there's a lot of waiting and you may well need a Thai speaker with you if you speak no Thai. I haven't checked w/ local public hsps, but I get my annual check at Sirikit. I'm sure Somdej in Sriricha can fix you up. It all comes down to the medical equipment they have on the premises.
December 27, 20232 yr 17 minutes ago, DudleySquat said: It all comes down to the medical equipment they have on the premises. Routine ophthalmology uses the same standard equipment. All depts have it.
December 27, 20232 yr 5 minutes ago, BigStar said: Routine ophthalmology uses the same standard equipment. All depts have it. And if it isn't routine? There are quite a few diabetic tests that require equipment that most government hospitals do not have.
December 27, 20232 yr 2 minutes ago, DudleySquat said: And if it isn't routine? There are quite a few diabetic tests that require equipment that most government hospitals do not have. The OP is asking merely for a glaucoma test. Nothing said about any problems that warrant specialized test & treatments. If a routine exam reveals the need for such, he can inquire.
December 27, 20232 yr 12 minutes ago, BigStar said: The OP is asking merely for a glaucoma test. Nothing said about any problems that warrant specialized test & treatments. If a routine exam reveals the need for such, he can inquire. That's the risk he took by posting a question.
December 27, 20232 yr 46 minutes ago, DudleySquat said: It all comes down to the medical equipment they have on the premises. All hospitals should have the equipment for measuring intraocular eye pressure. But if OP is wanting this because of visual problems should get more than a glaucoma test. Should also have a retinal exam.
December 27, 20232 yr 14 hours ago, ozimoron said: Pattaya International Hospital. I just had laser treatment there 2 weeks ago for a crazed cataract lens. Worked perfectly. From near blind to eyes like a sniper. The doc figured it out immediately and told me stuff no Aussie doctor had told me. Yip, people always go on about the poor service here, the medical expertise you can get here is superb but you'll pay for it. For those that can afford it, works a treat.
December 27, 20232 yr 10 minutes ago, Sheryl said: All hospitals should have the equipment for measuring intraocular eye pressure. But if OP is wanting this because of visual problems should get more than a glaucoma test. Should also have a retinal exam. Narrow-angle glaucoma test comes to mind. I have a family history of it. It is not easy to find a hospital with this test available. I know BPH has it.
December 27, 20232 yr 1 hour ago, DudleySquat said: That's the risk he took by posting a question. That he'd have to read a lot of irrelevant replies? Agreed. Par for the course.
January 8, 20242 yr Glaucoma related... Don't want to preach to the converted but just found out that Medisafe Pharmacy can supply Xalatan at 550baht per box 2.5ml or the Generic version Latanaprost for 350baht per box... I have been paying 708baht at Fascino,s for the last 6 years. Mods please move this post if it is in the wrong place. Thanks
Create an account or sign in to comment