Eye Test recommendations in Pattaya ?

bondjames007

13 hours ago, DudleySquat said:

Why just glaucoma? Why not go for the full monty and test everything?

Right. Do the whole bit with an ophthalmologist. All hospitals have them. Pattaya Memorial may be the cheapest private hsp in town. Good doc there who also works at Sirikit. Phyathai Sriricha is probably cheaper than the pvt hsps in Pattaya. Now you could also go to a public hsp, but there's a lot of waiting and you may well need a Thai speaker with you if you speak no Thai. I haven't checked w/ local public hsps, but I get my annual check at Sirikit. I'm sure Somdej in Sriricha can fix you up. 

2 minutes ago, BigStar said:

Right. Do the whole bit with an ophthalmologist. All hospitals have them. Pattaya Memorial may be the cheapest private hsp in town. Good doc there who also works at Sirikit. Phyathai Sriricha is probably cheaper than the pvt hsps in Pattaya. Now you could also go to a public hsp, but there's a lot of waiting and you may well need a Thai speaker with you if you speak no Thai. I haven't checked w/ local public hsps, but I get my annual check at Sirikit. I'm sure Somdej in Sriricha can fix you up. 

It all comes down to the medical equipment they have on the premises.

5 minutes ago, BigStar said:

Routine ophthalmology uses the same standard equipment. All depts have it.

And if it isn't routine? There are quite a few diabetic tests that require equipment that most government hospitals do not have. 

2 minutes ago, DudleySquat said:

And if it isn't routine? There are quite a few diabetic tests that require equipment that most government hospitals do not have. 

The OP is asking merely for a glaucoma test. Nothing said about any problems that warrant specialized test & treatments. If a routine exam reveals the need for such, he can inquire.

• Confused 1

12 minutes ago, BigStar said:

The OP is asking merely for a glaucoma test. Nothing said about any problems that warrant specialized test & treatments. If a routine exam reveals the need for such, he can inquire.

That's the risk he took by posting a question.

46 minutes ago, DudleySquat said:

It all comes down to the medical equipment they have on the premises.

All hospitals should have the equipment for measuring intraocular eye pressure.

But if OP is wanting this because of visual problems should get more than a glaucoma test.  Should also have a retinal exam.

14 hours ago, ozimoron said:

Pattaya International Hospital. I just had laser treatment there 2 weeks ago for a crazed cataract lens. Worked perfectly. From near blind to eyes like a sniper. The doc figured it out immediately and told me stuff no Aussie doctor had told me.

Yip, people always go on about the poor service here, the medical expertise you can get here is superb but you'll pay for it.

For those that can afford it, works a treat.

10 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

All hospitals should have the equipment for measuring intraocular eye pressure.

But if OP is wanting this because of visual problems should get more than a glaucoma test.  Should also have a retinal exam.

Narrow-angle glaucoma test comes to mind. I have a family history of it. It is not easy to find a hospital with this test available. I know BPH has it.

• 2 weeks later...

Glaucoma related... Don't want to preach to the converted but just found out that Medisafe Pharmacy can supply Xalatan at 550baht per box 2.5ml or the Generic version Latanaprost for 350baht per box... I have been paying 708baht at Fascino,s for the last 6 years.

Mods please move this post if it is in the wrong place. Thanks