Cambodia e-visa

1 hour ago, my friend I said:

You don't get it and pay at the border. All your other questions should be answered here. Note the Name of Ports. E visa can't be used at every border entry.

Welcome to the KoW.

https://www.evisa.gov.kh/

That doesn't answer my question CC or is a debit card with a VISA logo excepted? and how do you pay if your card is not USD who decides on the exchange rate and how long is the visa valid for.

I was hoping to get an answer without logging into their site.

• Confused 1

I paid US $36 with my Wise debit card.

Very quick and easy process. 
Wise used their normal exchange rate plus and additional 0.16 British pennies for the service. 
Visa issued within 4 working days …

Be aware that some sites offering the Cambodian E-visa service are agents and charge an additional fee. 
Member “My friend I” has posted the correct site dealing directly with the Cambodian government. 

• Like 1

On 12/27/2023 at 11:58 AM, brianthainess said:

That doesn't answer my question CC or is a debit card with a VISA logo excepted? and how do you pay if your card is not USD who decides on the exchange rate and how long is the visa valid for.

Another member has already confirmed that Visa-branded debit cards are accepted. As for the exchange rate, that depends on the card issuer, but the conversion is usually done by Visa itself - their rate is updated daily, and is normally very good.

I don't know whether the e-visa validity is the same for all nationalities, but when I got one last month as a US passport holder, it was valid for entry within three months of the issuance date, with an authorized stay of 30 days from the date of entry.

On 12/27/2023 at 11:58 AM, brianthainess said:

You get a window to use the 30-day visa, if your programme/ arrival date is too far in the future when you apply for the visa, it will not accept the application.

It does accept debit applications and receipt of application is sent to the person's email, as is the visa when it is granted.

Your payment is converted by the official website to USD.

We don't need to be talking about exchange rates for $35 or so.

If you are flying in, that's fine, but certain land borders do not accept e visas.

Edited by Scouse123
  • Thanks 1

The official government site is here: https://www.evisa.gov.kh/. Fill out the form, pay with credit card, and in a few days get the visa that you print out, and then just walk straight to the immigration counter, skipping the visa on arrival counter.

My US credit card (MC) was charged $36 for a visa in November. That's $6 more than getting it at the counter, but for me that small amount is worth saving the hassle of queuing up and paying at the counter. 

On 12/30/2023 at 11:53 AM, GypsyT said:

Great to hear.

Vietnam even easier - no visa, just walk in for 45 days, FREE -:)

If you have a passport from a country on their visa exemption list, yes. That list doesn't include the US, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, or many others.

I know, it used to be great to have US passport to Vietnam. Now I use EU passport.

Pre-Covid I paid $75 for 6mo and could have bought 12 mo for $ 135. No longer similar deals.

The reason? I don't know for sure but Vietnam and China have many economical deals going on and China gets cheap land lease deals. Vietnamese people don't like it and have been protesting openly.

I also tried to help one family to visit close relatives in the US but they were turned down 2 times. No reason given. US Embassy people handling the case were from Malesia (they think) or similar country and were very rude.

I hope Vietnam - US relationship will get better and some kind of retirement agreement for easy and inexpensive handling come quickly. I could very well start to spend my time and money there instead of Thailand.

Today, Feb 3, I was at Jomtien Immi to get 30-day extension. 2 weeks ago I was told "come closer to expiration date" which is Feb 7. Didn't get it, "come back on Feb 8" was an excuse today. A day past expiration...

Circus at Jomtien gets funnier every time....

On 12/28/2023 at 5:59 PM, DFPhuket said:

My US credit card (MC) was charged $36 for a visa in November. That's $6 more than getting it at the counter, but for me that small amount is worth saving the hassle of queuing up and paying at the counter. 

And the hassle of needing acceptable $100 bills. I showed them 2 different 100's and both were refused. Fortunately I had a $50 bill that they would accept.

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, timendres said:

And the hassle of needing acceptable $100 bills. I showed them 2 different 100's and both were refused. Fortunately I had a $50 bill that they would accept.

I have paid at the boarder in Thai Baht with no problems. So I don't understand why you thought you needed USD.

Just now, brianthainess said:

I have paid at the boarder in Thai Baht with no problems. So I don't understand why you thought you needed USD.

It was silly of me. I had not left Thailand for 11 years, and I had some older 100's from the US.

I was hoping to move them in Cambodia, as no exchange will accept then here.

I was ultimately able to spend them in a couple of restaurants.

• Thanks 1