Best golf coach ever!

Trujillo

Is there such a person? 

I'm looking for someone to fine tune something with my swing, but looking at the "coaches" around the various driving ranges, I am not impressed in the slightest. 

Anyone have first-hand experience with a real winning coach? 

• Sad 1

22 minutes ago, Trujillo said:

Is there such a person? 

I'm looking for someone to fine tune something with my swing, but looking at the "coaches" around the various driving ranges, I am not impressed in the slightest. 

Anyone have first-hand experience with a real winning coach? 

how old are you and whats the issue with your swing ? 

2 minutes ago, Trujillo said:

Thanks but I am not looking for online swing correction advice. I'm asking if anyone knows of a legitimately qualified and successful golf coach. 

how good are you at golf already ?

9 minutes ago, Trujillo said:

Everything is relative TGW. 
Let's say, weekend golfer level. 

that's a wide range ! could be from HCP 3 to ... oh well, I have seen cases of weekend golfing that were way beyond what the handicap spectrum would be able to measure.

there's the Swiss pro at the Waterside Driving Range.

with golf coaches, the thing is ... you go to adjust what you are doing with your Nicklaus-like elbow at the top of the backswing, and you come back with a new grip, new weight distribution, new swing plane and that draw that works only on the range ... ;-)

the best thing is to get coached by someone with a similar build, otherwise it can lead to bad advice.

Edited by tgw

I had an excellent coach, he restored me to being competitive in scratch events. Sadly, he has passed away.

Any pro can be a coach, IMO the OP would be best advised to find one who has formal teaching qualifications. Sorry, no idea where they are in Thailand.

The three basics of golf are grip, stance, and swing. The rest is training muscle memory on the practice range, until it can be transferred reliably to a round of golf.

• Sad 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Trujillo said:

So far, only one name here: Doug Hood, but no idea where this person could be contacted. 

I am an intermediate golfer. 

Well, he's not in Chiang Mai but if you contact him I am sure he will recommend someone hear you. He does go upcountry to do group lessons.

How to contact him? Use the internet and your grey matter. 

Like you I’m always in pursuit of improving my game

cant offer any advice on coaches

Have built and indoor sim at my place in Oz, allows me to hit some balls every day irrespective of weather, and great for analysis 

I follow a few YouTube types, don’t get too caught up in them but sift some useful pointers here and there

will set up same here in TH as most the kit (well the expensive part) is portable 

ideal for here with long bouts of hot and rainy weather

saying that there’s still no substitute for on course play 

good luck ️