Do 90 reporting or not

1 hour ago, Petchou said:

1 year Extension.

You should have done a new 90 day report when doing the extension removing the need to go twice.

Here in Hua Hin you don't even need to ask them - they will do it for you if it's due when you get them to do the extension, they're quite helpful like that and they didn't make me queue twice - but it's pretty quiet here compared to a lot of other places, especially in November when I do my extension at the moment.

• Like 1

General rule: If you have been in the kingdom 90 days without leaving, you must do a 90 day report - day 1 is the date you ENTERED the kingdom. You can usually do a 90 day report up to 5 days early in person.  Make sure you ALSO have a TM-30 on file - you mentioned you just had a extension of stay, your IO usually checks your paperwork, but some people have "scated".

When I doubt about ANY paperwork, check with your LOCAL IO. 

I'm here 10+ years without any "dings" at immigration

Edited by edwardflory
spelling - fat fingers
  • Thumbs Up 1

In Jomtien you can do your 90 day report up to 1 week before or 1 week after the due date. They do not automatically reset it when you renew a visa or apply for an extension of stay for an existing visa.

I'd messed up a couple years ago and had the same issue. Did my 90 day. 2 weeks later applied for a new extension. 10 weeks later did another 90 day. Had to go back 2 weeks later to do the bank book check.

Now I arrange my 90 day reports so that one is due the day after I apply for an extension. That way, when I go back to Immigration to get my passport, I can do the 90 day report at the same time and then, because I have to go back again in 90 days for the "bank book check" I can do the next 90 day report at the same time.

Then I look at the calendar and work out when to do my next two 90 day reports so that the 4th one comes due at the same time I have to do my next extension application.

Also remember that if you go out of the country for any reason, it resets the "90 day clock", which restarts when you come back into the country.

• Agree 1

6 hours ago, Petchou said:

I just renewed my visa.   My 90 days reporting is in 3 days.   Do I need to go report or not, since I have new visa.

Thank you 

Just take a look on your latest TM47 Slip, it states the next date for 90 days Report.

• Agree 2

6 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Extensions and 90 day address reports are separate things.

Not necessarily, if you enter on a 90 day visa and do a 12 month extension on said visa the extension application is taken a a  90 day report.

Last year year my first 90 day was about 6 months after entry and done it online.

Just been to immigration, they extended my permission to stay from 1st Jan 2024 until 19th Jan 2024 without any need for a 90 day.

• Confused 1

7 hours ago, Petchou said:

I just renewed my visa.   My 90 days reporting is in 3 days.   Do I need to go report or not, since I have new visa.

Thank you 

You are not clear on what you mean, you cannot renew a visa inside Thailand.

If you mean you arrived on a new 90 day visa and have been and applied for an extension to that visa then the extension will be taken as a 90 day report.

If it was for marriage and you were given an under consideration stamp they will give you a 90 day reporting date when you back for the one year stamp. If it was retirement they should have put a slip in your passport with your due date when you got the stamp.

Last year they didn't put the slip in my passport and my wife went back and asked for it.

About 10 years ago, I renewed my WP and permission to stay at the One Stop in BKK. Thinking all was good, I didn't do a concurrent 90 day report (and my company's visa fairies didn't tell me to). I ended up paying a 2000 baht fine along with a red stamp in my passport.

I don't know if the rules have changed, but I'd suggest erring on the side of caution.

Edit: BTW, I never did a 90 day report myself (other than that one) The company visa fairies collected my passport every 3 months and took care of it. That time, I had to be there in person.

Edited by impulse

9 hours ago, Petchou said:

Thank you 

It is quite reasonable for the western mind to consider that a report has been made by fronting an IO, presenting a detailed application for an extension, with a current address, and being approved for such. Unfortunately, that is not how it works, with one exception. Phuket has long considered that to constitute a report, and automatically resets the 90 days. (Presumably they still do)

However, they seem to stand alone on that commonsense action and other offices seem happy to insert the extra step in the process.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, bigt3116 said:

Do you have a picture of the "red stamp"? I can't seem to find a single reference to it on the internet.

Good catch.  The stamp was blue, not red.  For some reason, I was thinking about a Scarlet Letter. 

I think this is it...  It's the only random stamp in my old passport mentioning 2000 and 90.  I assume it's the 2000 baht fine I paid for a late 90 day report, though I don't read Thai.

90dayfine.jpg.a328cff3d2ebd15ed62c2ceee0580c0d.jpg

Edited by impulse
  • Like 1

"....You can usually do a 90 day report up to 5 days early in person"
wrong, in person 15 days before up to 7 days after
ONLINE  15 days before
SOME immigration ( Phuket for one) will automatically give you a new 90 day slip when  u get ur 1 year extension.

ALWAYS check

13 hours ago, Petchou said:

Thank you 

As others said they are separate from each other and you still have to do the 90 day report.

You say you just extended and your 90 day report is in 3 days.  If you did the extension within 14 days of the 90 day due date you could have done it at the same time.

I have a question maybe someone can answer.  I went out of the country two weeks ago.  I am back in Thailand and my next 90 day report supposedly reset for 90 days from my re-entry to Thailand.  Before I left the country, my 90 day report was due in January 2024.  My question.  Has anybody left the country and then been able to do a 90 day report on-line 90 days from when they re-entered the country?  

I've been doing my 90 days on-line--which I like a lot--but I'm worried going out of the country may have messed up the on-line reporting.  I suppose I could try to do the regular 90 day report in January on-line and see if it works but appreciate any experiences others have had.  Thanks!

14 hours ago, Petchou said:

Thank you 

Look at the 90-day slip stapled in your passport, it says when to report your address. It vary from province to province if 90-days address report resets when approving an extension of stay – not visa, it the stay that is extended – some resets, others count continuously from last entry to Thailand.

21 minutes ago, newnative said:

My question.  Has anybody left the country and then been able to do a 90 day report on-line 90 days from when they re-entered the country?  

Answer Yes...

However like everything regarding IT in Thailand it can be hit and miss.

One option is to do the online report 15 days early and if no reply in couple of days do a report via mail.

Doing both does not derail the other. 

2 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Answer Yes...

However like everything regarding IT in Thailand it can be hit and miss.

One option is to do the online report 15 days early and if no reply in couple of days do a report via mail.

Doing both does not derail the other. 

Thank you!

8 hours ago, sandyf said:

...If it was for marriage and you were given an under consideration stamp they will give you a 90 day reporting date when you back for the one year stamp. If it was retirement they should have put a slip in your passport with your due date when you got the stamp...

Are you and sandyf using the same immigration office?

I'm asking because not all immigration offices use the same procedures in all details.

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, Maestro said:

I'm asking because not all immigration offices use the same procedures in all details.

My comment was in respect of a first extension and 90 day reporting.

5. The first application for extension of stay by the foreigner is equivalent to the notification of staying in the Kingdom over 90 days.

https://www.immigration.go.th/en/?page_id=1666

On 12/28/2023 at 3:27 AM, ukrules said:

You should have done a new 90 day report when doing the extension removing the need to go twice.

Here in Hua Hin you don't even need to ask them - they will do it for you if it's due when you get them to do the extension, they're quite helpful like that and they didn't make me queue twice - but it's pretty quiet here compared to a lot of other places, especially in November when I do my extension at the moment.

one would think common sense would prevail, if you attend an Immigration Office for an Extension or change status of your Visa, that your 90 Day would automatically re-set as per an Arrival into the Kingdom  :whistling:

• Like 1