10,000 Tourists Enjoy Full Moon Party At Koh Phangan

webfact

image.jpeg

AS MANY AS 10,000 mostly young foreign and Thai tourists packed Haad Rin beach on Koh Phangan island to enjoy the Full Moon Party that continued all night till dawn yesterday (Dec. 28) in a lively atmosphere with DJs playing loud music amid energic vibes, Naewna newspaper said.

Some revellers had painted their themselves with fluorescent body paints as they danced to the exciting rhythm at the world-famous party.

Police and officials were out in full force to take care of the safety of partygoers. Regional habour officials at both Koh Samui and Koh Phangan have been strictly ensuring that boats travelling to and fro are not overcrowded and all passengers wear a life jacket.

Full story: THAI NEWSROOM 2023-12-29

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, webfact said:

AS MANY AS 10,000 mostly young foreign and Thai tourists packed Haad Rin beach on Koh Phangan island to enjoy the Full Moon Party that continued all night till dawn yesterday (Dec. 28) in a lively atmosphere with DJs playing loud music amid energic vibes, Naewna newspaper said.

As one that has actually been to FMPs that sounds absolutely awful. There would have been at least half as many when I went, and that was too many, but at least one end of the beach was quiet enough to sleep on ( I was there just for the night and not a single room would have been available for just one night- they had a rip off scheme where one had to book several days to be able to have a room )

The morning was always enjoyable as the lady boys used to drag the drunk farang boys off into the bushes, only to come out running once the guy realised the horrible truth. Anyone with a working hangover remedy would have minted it as the "youths" had been drinking buckets the night before.

1 hour ago, webfact said:

Police and officials were out in full force to take care of the safety of partygoers. Regional habour officials at both Koh Samui and Koh Phangan have been strictly ensuring that boats travelling to and fro are not overcrowded and all passengers wear a life jacket.

Wonder how long that will last for? Never used to happen with overloaded speed boats from Samui and Tao and never a life jacket in sight.

• Like 1

No mention in the linked article about the biggest scam- drug dealers report customers to the cops who arrest them. Mucho money in that scam.

Nor a warning about hiring m'bikes as the hill to get to the beach has seen many end up in bandages, or worse, for those never ridden before in their life, and those would not be covered by insurance.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

No mention in the linked article about the biggest scam- drug dealers report customers to the cops who arrest them. Mucho money in that scam.

Nor a warning about hiring m'bikes as the hill to get to the beach has seen many end up in bandages

TBL is still partying (in his long ago memories) like it's:

• Like 2

6 hours ago, webfact said:

AS MANY AS 10,000 mostly young foreign and Thai tourists packed Haad Rin beach on Koh Phangan island to enjoy the Full Moon Party that continued all night till dawn yesterday

late night permission given?

16 hours ago, Prubangboy said:

TBL is still partying (in his long ago memories) like it's:

Never used to like Prince's music when he was popular, but then I started to like some of his stuff before he went loony and had a no name name. I think he's gone to join the big band in the sky now, if I remember correctly.

I've never really partied- more of an observer than a participant.

Do I like the old days ( when I was younger than 30 ) yes I do and they were a lot better than now. IMO everything good ends and only the bad guys carry on regardless.

I don't love Electronic Dance Music (EDM), but it was great to go to what was EDM Mini-Woodstock. It's a massive non-mainstream musical taste and a venue like FMP will def bring in some semi-names.

Without drugs or dancing, it can be patience-testing. I think of it as disco on a budget. I'd liken it to: I don't love opera either, but if I went to Italy and a famous one was playing right down the street, I'd prob pop in. I like that you can go away from it and come back. All night.

All walks of life and ages on the beach together. I can't think of anywhere else where that happens. Much more egalitarian and cross-political than the hippies were. It's always portrayed very negatively, but a google image of Nottingham Saturday Night will show worse.

Prob 50% English, 20% N.Euro, 20% Yank, 10% Middle East; mostly couples, often EDM tourists who might also vacation in Ibiza or Tulum. Chiang Mai and Pai are also on their Thai itinerary for more of the same.

I suspect that there was a bigger crowd for the New Year's Eve party on KPN.

There were certainly more boats going back and forth 'all night long' than on the FMP date. Bloomin things kept me awake all night with the constant drone of engines.

At least the sea conditions were good. No accidents to my knowledge.

I was told that prices were significantly higher than usual for transfers to the NYE bash.

Edited by Tropicalevo