Exforge not available till Monday

Mika78

Go

Good morning. I am on Exforge 5/160 and my BP is under control. Unfortunately, my pharmacy won't be able to provide me with Exforge till Monday 1 January. Did anyone find him/herself in the same situation and think I can I stay for three days taking only Amlodipline 5 mg? Thank you

3 hours ago, Mika78 said:

Go

Good morning. I am on Exforge 5/160 and my BP is under control. Unfortunately, my pharmacy won't be able to provide me with Exforge till Monday 1 January. Did anyone find him/herself in the same situation and think I can I stay for three days taking only Amlodipline 5 mg? Thank you

Best not to do that, as Exforge is a combination of amlodopine plus valsaratn

Just take these 2 drugs separately ,you are paying more anyhow just for the convenience of 1 pill instead of 2.

Amlodopine is widely available in many local brands.

For Valsartan,  brands here are:

• Dioforge-160  (locally made)
  • Valsartan GPO (locally made)
  • Viotan (locally made)
  • Diovan (imported)
  • Valpres (imported)

See if you can find one of those.

Check your dosage first. Exforge comes in different strengths, the dose of valasartan can be 80 160mg and the dose of amlodopine can be 5 or 10 mg.

Good morning, interesting stuff about those combo medicines for BP.

The cardiologist at Phitsanulok Hosp put me  on Entresto 100mg tablets for CHF.

A combo of valasartin and sacubitril. 

They are very expensive, 2,680B for a strip of 14 and I currently buy them from an online pharmacy in Bangkok, slightly cheaper than the hospital pharmacy. 

I am not aware of if any generic ones here or if can buy separately to make it cheaper.

In the UK I was perscibed Amlodopine too and at a cardio appointment I mentioned a side effect was swollen ankles.

The Doctor replied he had heard of no one dying of fat ankles  ' keep taking them'

Edited by brianburi
spelling

1 hour ago, brianburi said:

Good morning, interesting stuff about those combo medicines for BP.

The cardiologist at Phitsanulok Hosp put me  on Entresto 100mg tablets for CHF.

A combo of valasartin and sacubitril. 

They are very expensive, 2,680B for a strip of 14 and I currently buy them from an online pharmacy in Bangkok, slightly cheaper than the hospital pharmacy. 

I am not aware of if any generic ones here or if can buy separately to make it cheaper.

In the UK I was perscibed Amlodopine too and at a cardio appointment I mentioned a side effect was swollen ankles.

The Doctor replied he had heard of no one dying of fat ankles  ' keep taking them'

Unfortunately there is no available product yet that contains sacubitril except for the imported Entresto.

The swelling  due to amlodopine can indeed be uncomfortable. There are other drugs in the dame class (calcium channel blocker) which do not cause it as often. These alternatives include manidipine, verapamil and  diltiazem.

Thanks for all your answers. Drove around the town, finally found a pharmacy in Thepprasit road selling Exforge 5mg/160mg. Found it a little bit expensive, as normally I pay 902 THB for a box, but there they sell to 1200 THB.

55 minutes ago, Mika78 said:

Thanks for all your answers. Drove around the town, finally found a pharmacy in Thepprasit road selling Exforge 5mg/160mg. Found it a little bit expensive, as normally I pay 902 THB for a box, but there they sell to 1200 THB.

How many in a box?

Amlodipine 5 mg is really cheap (100 tablets for 300 Baht or less, buying for my wife). Don't know about Valsartan.

Looks like Valsartan is the expensive content.

Edited by KhunBENQ

1 hour ago, KhunBENQ said:

How many in a box?

Amlodipine 5 mg is really cheap (100 tablets for 300 Baht or less, buying for my wife). Don't know about Valsartan.

Looks like Valsartan is the expensive content.

What is expensive is the imported single pill combination.

Would likely save money buying the 2 drugs separately. Thre is no medical advantage to the single pill vs 2 separate pills, just a marketing ploy.

@Mika78  If you want to stick with Exforge, for future reference it is 880 baht online at

https://bangkokdrugstore.com/product/exforge-5160-mg-14s/

And might be less at https://medisafepharma.com

but have to message them for quote. They are based in Pattaya so delivery is fast