electronic waste disposal

damole

Is there anything do do with broken electronic items other than put them in the bin/garbage?  I've taken scrap metal to the place in Nong Hoi near the vechicle tax office but can't remember if I saw electronics.

22 minutes ago, damole said:

Is there anything do do with broken electronic items other than put them in the bin/garbage?  I've taken scrap metal to the place in Nong Hoi near the vechicle tax office but can't remember if I saw electronics.

There a guy with a pickup passing through the village every other day, trades eggs (I know...) for electric and IT scraps. Never stopped him.

Usually if you put it by the garbage bin, it will magically disappear.

For larger stuff, the garbage collection guys are a blessing, they take these and sell on. Refrigerators, washing machines.

• Agree 1

possibly that one?

here? or FB not a garbage place, more a resell ?

i bring my PET bottles and ALU cans to a recycling place ( and get small money for it )
and today i try to give them also old LED BULBS ( collected in 10 years ), but they refused.

when i asked thai friends they speak about special waste collection by the tessaban
well i remember that can with old Fluorescent / CFL

YES, that is special waste, as there is mercury vapour in !

but LED BULBS contain electronic stuff ( and mostly still working LEDs and possibly broken AC/DC power supplies )
so that should be recycled? just where to bring that? ( south CNX )

Edited by KLL

I live in rural Kamphaeng Phet and I have a similar problem with electronic waste disposal.

I have 3 dead printers, 5 or 6 keyboards, some mouses, 2 sets of fan coolers for laptops but no laptop, a dead computer, 2 dead laptops, dead batteries both normal and rechargeable, a perfectly good rechargeable torch but the charger is dead and I can't find another one.

There doesn't seem anywhere to dispose of them.

• Like 1

On 12/29/2023 at 10:55 AM, damole said:

Go to 22 recycling in the famui, sansai area. If they don’t take it then nobody will.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...