Thaipost Tracking

Dazinoz

Recently sent a parcel from Chiang Mai to Bribie Island in Australia. I asked for tracking for which I was given a tracking number.

Checking tracking it showed parcel delivered which seemed to be exceptionally fast. On further checking it appears that when handed over to Australia post it was marked as delivered.

It was shown as delivered on 23rd Dec but as of end 29th it hasn't been received by addressee.

Last time a parcel was sent to same address from France detailed tracking was provided online and when reached Australia the message was handed to local courier but not as delivered.

Anyone else have this issue?

45 minutes ago, JayClay said:

You may be able to use the same tracking number with Australia Post to track its progress since arriving in Australia.

It will most likely showed as delivered by Australia Post.

My guess - package stolen.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Dazinoz said:

Last time a parcel was sent to same address from France detailed tracking was provided online and when reached Australia the message was handed to local courier but not as delivered.

Was the package from France also sent by EMS or Epackage or whatever options only Thai post offers?

1 hour ago, BenStark said:

Was the package from France also sent by EMS or Epackage or whatever options only Thai post offers?

It was sent by DHL but like I say only tracking I got after it arrived in Australia was handed over to local courier.

At Thai post office I asked for it to be tracked.

22 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

What date did you deliver it at Thai post office?

You don't have a huge pile of Christmas parcels and backlog in Australia?

Post office in Chiang Mai on 19 Dec and "delivered" 23rd. I think very fast for this time of the year.

26 minutes ago, Dazinoz said:

It was sent by DHL but like I say only tracking I got after it arrived in Australia was handed over to local courier.

I haver sent items before to Oz with ePackage and small packet air, and was told that in Australia post only update when delivered.

I have also had packages that arrived in less than a week.

DHL has different tracking system, cost also a multiple of postal service

So as you suggest, probably stolen or delivered wrong address

Edited by BenStark

3 hours ago, Phantom57 said:

Recent experience with Thai Post EMS parcel to Melbourne. Tracking with various websites showed similar to your results. I tried “ Ninja Tracking” and they were accurate for delivery in Melbourne. Just a thought.

Thanks for that.

Tried it but came up with message "The tracking ID is invalid or might have expired."

Australia post now says parcel  not trackable.

• Thumbs Up 1

15 hours ago, Dazinoz said:

That makes no sense. DHL can show the location until it gets to the destination. 

• Agree 1

7 minutes ago, DudleySquat said:

That makes no sense. DHL can show the location until it gets to the destination. 

Makes sense or not thats what happened.

Detailed tracking France to Brisbane a bit over 2 days. No further tracking for 3 days to go about 100km until it reached its destination in Australia when delivered (actually cant remember if indicated delivered as was not DHL itself).

As I mentioned in a previous post when it got to Brisbane it showed as handed over to local courier when tracking stopped.

10 minutes ago, Dazinoz said:

Makes sense or not thats what happened.

Detailed tracking France to Brisbane a bit over 2 days. No further tracking for 3 days to go about 100km until it reached its destination in Australia when delivered (actually cant remember if indicated delivered as was not DHL itself).

As I mentioned in a previous post when it got to Brisbane it showed as handed over to local courier when tracking stopped.

Why would DHL hand it over to anyone? They can complete the delivery without help from any other carrier. 

22 minutes ago, DudleySquat said:

Why would DHL hand it over to anyone? They can complete the delivery without help from any other carrier. 

Apparently they couldn't.   SOP to subcontract out work you can't or don't want to do yourself.  

You think all shipping agents/companies have a fleet of planes and or vehicles to serve every soi on the planet.

I use to subcontract myself out, to a company that CF Air Freight use to subcontract to.   The truck had CF Air Freight on the side of it, yet neither truck nor driver belonged to CF Air Freight.

You'd be surprise that a lot of air freight, never sees the inside of planes.   I've driven 'air' freight from Pennsylvania, Maryland, Delaware to Florida.   Using my personal pick up, or CF Air Freight's subcontracted trucks.

Edited by KhunLA
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, DudleySquat said:

I think I know how to read "handed over to local courier" on the tracking steps. If you think you know better good for you.

Delivery point was a regional destination and probably not viable for DHL so handed over to subcontractor. 

UPDATE: Arrived at destination today 4th Jan.

So it looks like my assumption of Thaipost tracking was correct in that "delivered" meant was delivered to Australia Post then another 12 days to get to delivery address with no further update on Thaipost tracking.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, Dazinoz said:

UPDATE: Arrived at destination today 4th Jan.

So it looks like my assumption of Thaipost tracking was correct in that "delivered" meant was delivered to Australia Post then another 12 days to get to delivery address with no further update on Thaipost tracking.

So looks as if Thai post did a good job after all.

They got it faster to Australia than Australian post could get it delivered in country.

And Thai post can't be blamed for the lack of tracking either, because they have to receive that info from Australian post once it has arrived there

Edited by BenStark
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, BenStark said:

So looks as if Thai post did a good job after all.

They got it faster to Australia than Australian post could get it delivered in country.

And Thai post can't be blamed for the lack of tracking either, because they have to receive that info from Australian post once it has arrived there

Never blamed Thaipost for anything. Just asked if anyone had similar experience.

the problem lies with Australia post, they do not track the package once it arrives in Australia, I send packages there a few times a year and the tracking stops once they leave Suvarnabhumi airport. In Australia the post offices rarely help when you try to find out where they are, I have had them tell the person it has not left Thailand but was delivered the next day, had packages sit in the PO for several weeks, had them moved between several different PO's etc, aussie post has become pathetic and you can only find the package if you are able to get someone in aussie post to actually enter the tracking number and tell you where it it, the problem is solely aussie post as they do not enter the tracking when they arrive in the country, it is a money saver for them to not honour trackng from other countries

• Thumbs Up 1