Please don't buy this, just smile.

34 minutes ago, Ralf001 said:

Do they sport a top knot and eat plant based only ?

If yes to either, the answer is yes they are stupid.

No EV enthusiast I’ve come across, either in real life or from YT sports a top knot and eat plant based only. Anyone who thinks that’s typical of EV enthusiasts are, for lack of a better word, stupid.

People who have never sat in or driven an EV and conclude that it’s inferior to an ICEV are, stupid. People who prefer to pay more in fuel to travel the same distance than in an EV are, stupid. People who think it’s okay to pollute the air with toxic fumes and loud annoying engine sounds are, stupid.

People for whom an EV does not suit their lifestyle (charging difficulties, need to make long journeys etc) and thus do not buy one are sensible.

Edited by Gweiloman
  • Love It 1
  • Agree 1

55 minutes ago, Bandersnatch said:

Your comment implies that EV enthusiasts i.e. people who own EVs or are interested in EVs are stupid.  As usual no evidence is provided to support this statement.

So let’s consider the evidence.

Many EV owners who post on aseannow including myself also have solar. The reason is not stupidity but actually it’s quite sensible as solar installations in Thailand produce excess power in the middle of the day and rather than curtailment, charging an EV is a logical use for that power.

I would argue that EV owners as a group are probably more likely than the average person to have solar for the reason stated above and therefore would be more likely than the average person to have an understanding of solar and therefore less likely to “believe this BS”

What about people who have solar but don’t have an EV? I have seen several comments over the years from solar owners here that say that they are considering an EV at sometime in the future. This is logical for the reason stated above. By your definition would that make them “enthusiasts” and therefore stupid or do they only become stupid when they actually purchase an EV?

Now let’s consider the topic of this discussion. A Solar Controller posted in a caravan and motorhome discussion for 12V or possibly 24V batteries. Why would you think such a thing would be of any interest to EV owners? Perhaps you can post your explanation because I am at a loss to understand your thinking. Maybe you thought a solar system incorporating such a device would be ideal to power a 7kW EV wall charger? 

I’m afraid that your reply might be a bit too intelligent to get a response.

• Love It 2

On 12/31/2023 at 6:33 PM, OneMoreFarang said:

I would bet that there are enough EV enthusiasts who believe this BS. 

I would bet that there are plenty of idiots who believe that there are enough EV enthusiasts who believe this BS.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Bandersnatch said:

Your comment implies that EV enthusiasts i.e. people who own EVs or are interested in EVs are stupid.  As usual no evidence is provided to support this statement.

So let’s consider the evidence.

Many EV owners who post on aseannow including myself also have solar. The reason is not stupidity but actually it’s quite sensible as solar installations in Thailand produce excess power in the middle of the day and rather than curtailment, charging an EV is a logical use for that power.

I would argue that EV owners as a group are probably more likely than the average person to have solar for the reason stated above and therefore would be more likely than the average person to have an understanding of solar and therefore less likely to “believe this BS”

What about people who have solar but don’t have an EV? I have seen several comments over the years from solar owners here that say that they are considering an EV at sometime in the future. This is logical for the reason stated above. By your definition would that make them “enthusiasts” and therefore stupid or do they only become stupid when they actually purchase an EV?

Now let’s consider the topic of this discussion. A Solar Controller posted in a caravan and motorhome discussion for 12V or possibly 24V batteries. Why would you think such a thing would be of any interest to EV owners? Perhaps you can post your explanation because I am at a loss to understand your thinking. Maybe you thought a solar system incorporating such a device would be ideal to power a 7kW EV wall charger? 

Thanks for your reply.

My comment was about EV users in general, anywhere in this world, not just Thailand and not just members of this forum.

I understand that solar energy in a country will lots of sunshine and EVs are a good combination.

But looking at articles on the internet, there seem to be many people around the world who buy EVs to signal how green and progressive they are. And then there are crazy solar projects like solar roads, etc. It seems lots of people believe that BS.

• Confused 1

OK people.

I started this thread as something for us here in the forum to smile at.

Sadly, it's turned into a slanging match.

So.

:mfr_closed1: