My New New-Year's 3C Diet: Chicken, Cabbage, Carrot Diet! (I'm TOO Fat!!!)

Hi Folks,

If some of you are like me, just too flabby to move around effortlessly, then maybe you will enjoy following along here to see how my New and Improved 3-C diet melts off the flab.

I have never had much problem with being overweight, in my teens, or in my uni years, being the powerful stroke oarsman that I used to be.

However, during the pandemic, and even now, my belly skin is beginning to look rather saggy in the mirror.

And when I pinch the skin around my belly, it's hanging too much for my taste.

I have studied a few diets, and they are all full of baloney.

Therefore, I believe that my 3-C diet is just as valid as most of the rest of them, put together.

What I will do is to broil chicken breasts and put them in my crock pot, together with carrots, cabbage, ginger and about a cup of beer, to give it flavor.

Then, I will eat this concoction in a bowl, after adding a small amount of rice,, to give the thing more body and make it palatable.

Sure, I've got plenty of fiber from the cabbage and carrots.

And the chicken breasts will provide enough protein.

Certainly this is a more healthy diet that the Inuit enjoyed in recent centuries, and even up to the present.

The body adjusts to eating just about anything, as long as you have got enough protein, IMHO.

Some guys live on blood of the ox and milk of the ox, for that matter.  This kind of a diet is far too extreme for me, even if I had the cattle handy around my house.

This is not a joke post, however.

I DO intend to follow this diet for most meals.

Plus, of course, I will add in one 5-egg omelet once per day.

And, I will consume one can of tuna per day.

Therefore, I should have called this diet something like...

My New 3-C PLUS Diet.

Plus, being the omelets and the cans of tuna.

I am pretty good at eating the same thing, day after day, even though I would prefer a more varied diet of the GREAT Cuisine available in Thailand.

No Pizza for me, of course.

Well, what do you guys think?

How much flab can I get rid of in one month on this diet?

YES, I DID purchase, on Lazada, a Xiaomi Weight Scale, as was suggested by a kind commenter on TV, about three days ago.

And, thank you MUCH for your suggestion, too!

I will take delivery of the scale on January 04, if all goes well.

So, this is about it.

I will stay on my diet for one month and see what happens.

In my view, it will be the CABBAGE and the CARROTS that will be most helpful to me....

Especially the CABBAGE!

No problem...

I will keep you guys posted.

Best regards,

Flabby and Flatulent (Cabbage)... Gamma

NOTE:  In preparation of this diet, I purchased 10 kilograms of cabbage at the local market.  The cost of the cabbage, last week, was Bt.30 per kilo, or maybe it was not a kilo.  At the market, maybe they use catties, or some other Thai weigh unit.  Anyway, Bt30 per some Thai unit.  Anyone know what unit of weight measure is used in the small local markets?  I wish everyone would use the kilogram.  We need to use Science to Weigh our food, and use units of measure according to the SI Unit System....

image.png.13e31c6207a831da8cea2766d7200550.png

image.png.b48bd72713286f0ec7a85102a1780789.png

Edited by GammaGlobulin

25 minutes ago, degrub said:

And then put 1/3 of it back for tomorrow. 

I think, most importantly, I just need to lay off the tons of rice I eat.

Also, I should use my breadmaker machine less often, perhaps.

But, my thinking is that it will be the CABBAGE that I should consume more of.

The Chinese love cabbage, especially during the Winter Months, and during the Chinese New Year, when they pickle and ferment it.

I need to learn more from my Chinese friends.

Traditionally, Chinese have not been very fat throughout history.

Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, degrub said:

Try the Traditional Farmer Diet then

- 12 hrs out in the fields working

- 1,000 calories of food for the day

EXACTLY!

You have been reading my MIND!!!!

I was just thinking of Lead Belly, and MY Belly.

And, when I set my mind to do something like this weight-loss gig, I DO NOT Mess Around!

And, as Lead Belly sings here....

When you are picking cotton, you DON'T mess around.

I am 100-percent into this thing, in January 2024...Like LEAD BELLY, to get rid of MY LEADEN BELLY....

HERE, in this video...Lead Belly tells us that we must NOT Mess Around.....if we wish to succeed...

Edited by GammaGlobulin

Posted (edited)

Sorry, but just one more addendum to the Topic:

Somehow, I must lose about 15 kilograms very soon, just to feel more fit and less bloated.

I think I might be about 94 kilograms at the moment (to be confirmed after I take delivery of my XiaoMi scale).

Anyways, I DO know that I need to reduce my weight to about 80 kilograms (or I should be stating my weight in newtons, of course.  So, I need to get down to about 784 N (newtons based on the gravitational force of the Earth at sea level which I exert on the ground below my feet.))

Here is what I am talking about:

image.png.28987b032b651eafe1fbe9b14548582e.png

Edited by GammaGlobulin

Posted (edited)

In addition to eating CABBAGE....

I plan to listen to more Lead Belly.

My belly, too, feels like lead, these days.

My hope is that listening to Lead Belly will keep me motivated to escape my belly, full of lead.

This guy was so AMAZING....

And, to think...

He was not even trained at The Julliard School!!!!

Truly an amazing musician, and...a 

Credit to Humanity.

Edited by GammaGlobulin

• 3 months later...
On 1/2/2024 at 2:45 PM, GammaGlobulin said:

Hi Folks,

If some of you are like me, just too flabby to move around effortlessly, then maybe you will enjoy following along here to see how my New and Improved 3-C diet melts off the flab.

I have never had much problem with being overweight, in my teens, or in my uni years, being the powerful stroke oarsman that I used to be.

However, during the pandemic, and even now, my belly skin is beginning to look rather saggy in the mirror.

And when I pinch the skin around my belly, it's hanging too much for my taste.

I have studied a few diets, and they are all full of baloney.

Therefore, I believe that my 3-C diet is just as valid as most of the rest of them, put together.

What I will do is to broil chicken breasts and put them in my crock pot, together with carrots, cabbage, ginger and about a cup of beer, to give it flavor.

Then, I will eat this concoction in a bowl, after adding a small amount of rice,, to give the thing more body and make it palatable.

Sure, I've got plenty of fiber from the cabbage and carrots.

And the chicken breasts will provide enough protein.

Certainly this is a more healthy diet that the Inuit enjoyed in recent centuries, and even up to the present.

The body adjusts to eating just about anything, as long as you have got enough protein, IMHO.

Some guys live on blood of the ox and milk of the ox, for that matter.  This kind of a diet is far too extreme for me, even if I had the cattle handy around my house.

This is not a joke post, however.

I DO intend to follow this diet for most meals.

Plus, of course, I will add in one 5-egg omelet once per day.

And, I will consume one can of tuna per day.

Therefore, I should have called this diet something like...

My New 3-C PLUS Diet.

Plus, being the omelets and the cans of tuna.

I am pretty good at eating the same thing, day after day, even though I would prefer a more varied diet of the GREAT Cuisine available in Thailand.

No Pizza for me, of course.

Well, what do you guys think?

How much flab can I get rid of in one month on this diet?

YES, I DID purchase, on Lazada, a Xiaomi Weight Scale, as was suggested by a kind commenter on TV, about three days ago.

And, thank you MUCH for your suggestion, too!

I will take delivery of the scale on January 04, if all goes well.

So, this is about it.

I will stay on my diet for one month and see what happens.

In my view, it will be the CABBAGE and the CARROTS that will be most helpful to me....

Especially the CABBAGE!

No problem...

I will keep you guys posted.

Best regards,

Flabby and Flatulent (Cabbage)... Gamma

NOTE:  In preparation of this diet, I purchased 10 kilograms of cabbage at the local market.  The cost of the cabbage, last week, was Bt.30 per kilo, or maybe it was not a kilo.  At the market, maybe they use catties, or some other Thai weigh unit.  Anyway, Bt30 per some Thai unit.  Anyone know what unit of weight measure is used in the small local markets?  I wish everyone would use the kilogram.  We need to use Science to Weigh our food, and use units of measure according to the SI Unit System....

image.png.13e31c6207a831da8cea2766d7200550.png

image.png.b48bd72713286f0ec7a85102a1780789.png

• Covers content
  • Not interested
  • Inappropriate
  • Seen too often

ADBRO is the full service ad network for high impact contextual advertising with direct access to the exclusive in-image inventories across major local publishers.

We provide free creative adaptation into rich media, interactive and playable ads formats. Campaigns in our channel are delivered under guaranteed prices for actions with programmatic & managed delivery. We provide contextually segmented in-target audiences for over 60 industries with a full range of brand safety solutions.

ADBRO operates across SE Asia, including Singapore, Vietnam, Indonesia, Thailand, Philippines and Malaysia.

To test our channel for your advertising campaigns or consider partnership programs for publishers, please contact us at www.adbro.me

Skip in 3

• Covers content
  • Not interested
  • Inappropriate
  • Seen too often

ADBRO is the full service ad network for high impact contextual advertising with direct access to the exclusive in-image inventories across major local publishers.

We provide free creative adaptation into rich media, interactive and playable ads formats. Campaigns in our channel are delivered under guaranteed prices for actions with programmatic & managed delivery. We provide contextually segmented in-target audiences for over 60 industries with a full range of brand safety solutions.

ADBRO operates across SE Asia, including Singapore, Vietnam, Indonesia, Thailand, Philippines and Malaysia.

To test our channel for your advertising campaigns or consider partnership programs for publishers, please contact us at www.adbro.me

Skip in 3

Update plz...

20 minutes ago, Njoku said:

• Covers content
  • Not interested
  • Inappropriate
  • Seen too often

Skip in 3

Update plz...

Too soon to tell, and so too soon to update:

I am only half-finished the cabbage purchased during my last shopping excursion.

My refrigerator is still half-full of cabbage.

On 1/2/2024 at 3:40 PM, GammaGlobulin said:

I think, most importantly, I just need to lay off the tons of rice I eat.

Also, I should use my breadmaker machine less often, perhaps.

But, my thinking is that it will be the CABBAGE that I should consume more of.

The Chinese love cabbage, especially during the Winter Months, and during the Chinese New Year, when they pickle and ferment it.

I need to learn more from my Chinese friends.

Traditionally, Chinese have not been very fat throughout history.

To kill the food fattening properties of rice ( starch) freeze it . Your bread products too.( There is science in that advice). Beware the chemical content of cabbages. Peel and  not  just scrub carrots but they will still be orange with the lights off.

Only eat before sunset  or after sunrise.

15 hours ago, GammaGlobulin said:

I am only half-finished the cabbage purchased during my last shopping excursion.

Slow start hey? Jan 2 now April 17...you will get bored to death mate on that diet then pig out and all for 0...becasue the moment your where you wanna be assuming you get there we return to old habits...

Your diet is a version off one of the many fad diets, tip for you, increase fats and lower the cabs right down to the point of being close to zero, sounds Ketoish yes but it works well....call it Paleo too if you like same same but different, the point is reducing carbs is number one, even if you do little else....vegetables have carbs in them some more than others, exercise? ummm good for toning and building endurance but low effect on weight loss.....unless off course your out there knocking your brains out like the big losers...

Lot of good science around new to debunk all the rubbish we been told for the last 40 ys...

15 hours ago, GammaGlobulin said:

Make Cabbage wine.