TM30 after 2 weeks

A friend of mine came to stay with me in my condo in Chiang Mai and I wondered about doing the TM30 at the time even though I've never done one for someone else before but she thought she would leave Thailand within the 30 day limit.  If she checks in at a guest house where they do the TM30 will she still be fined when she goes to do an extension.  Is the paper she would get from the guest house enough for the visa exempt extension or does that paper get stamped at immigration to become a "full" TM30.  She is planning to head to the beach.

A Thai friend suggested that somehow it is back dated to the arrival date in Thailand. 

My hypothetical question was what if you were to come on a camping trip in some of the national parks that allow camping.  Would the "campsite" be doing it?

I assume some people come and stay in a homestay kind of place and don't get registered and then move to a hotel or bigger guest where they do get registered. 

I just registered here tm30.immigration.go.th but didn't have a scan of my title deeds or blue book (not official) so will get those today and send them off.  Let's see what happens.  Will be good for the future anyway as a friend is planning to stay here when I am not at some point this year.

A TM30 needs to be lodged within 72 hours of arriving in Thailand. No TM30, no extension of stay. A late TM30 = a nice fine from immigration for the renter.

• Haha 1

I'm not sure the date really matters for a simple immigration tourist visa (waiver?) extension.  Important thing is to have a valid TM-30 when attending immigration.

Folks arrive, travel all over the country, stay in many places.  Some of those places will register the tourist, some will not.  No way of telling how many reports have been made over the course of 2-3 weeks of traveling.

As long as the tourist has the most recent valid TM-30, I'd bet on no problems at immigration.  I don't believe an IO is going to waste time tracking down TM-30's for potentially a dozen hotels and guesthouses.

1 hour ago, bbi1 said:

A TM30 needs to be lodged within 72 hours of arriving in Thailand. No TM30, no extension of stay. A late TM30 = a nice fine from immigration for the renter.

TM30 is 24 hours. 

https://herorealtor.com/simple-guide-to-tm30-thailand-immigration-requirements/#:~:text=The TM30 Thailand reporting form,period of the guest's arrival.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, NoDisplayName said:

As long as the tourist has the most recent valid TM-30, I'd bet on no problems at immigration.  I don't believe an IO is going to waste time tracking down TM-30's for potentially a dozen hotels and guesthouses.

Agree with your summation.

The only rider here is that we are dealing with CM immigration.

If it was eg CW, I would suggest that provide any TM30 screenshot for 30 day extension to a 30 day visa exempt entry. 

The within 24 day etc would be irrelevant. 

They just want to see evidence that you are staying in province where you are applying for the 30 day extension. 

14 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Agree with your summation.

The only rider here is that we are dealing with CM immigration.

If it was eg CW, I would suggest that provide any TM30 screenshot for 30 day extension to a 30 day visa exempt entry. 

The within 24 day etc would be irrelevant. 

They just want to see evidence that you are staying in province where you are applying for the 30 day extension. 

What is the 24 day bit?

8 minutes ago, ripstanley said:

What is the 24 day bit?

You are directed to have a TM30 within certain period upon arrival.

That not really important.

You could provide a TM30 made any time prior to applying for extension to visa exempt or tourist visa entry.

• Like 1

Thanks for the information.

A little off the original topic but for registering myself to be able to notify the following documents are required:

Attached file Document
1. Business license or signed copy business registration confirmation
2. Letter of authorization to conduct the registration
3. Copy of ID card of person giving authorization person

I am assuming my chanote tee din and ta bien baan and passport will do.  I ask last time I did my TM30 at CM immigration but didn't feel like I got an clear answer.