U.S Social Security Payments Late?

Any U.S citizens here having direct deposits from Social Security in America. Trying to get a contact information for the Manila office. Is there a direct phone contact number there? My payment for the 3rd of January is late.

2 minutes ago, Etaoin Shrdlu said:

Received my payment yesterday, January 3rd.

Haven't yet received the annual letter from the SSA advising of the new, inflation-adjusted amount, however.

Mine also arrived on 3rd (TH time), BB.  Always arrives on 4th or before.  

3 minutes ago, Mitkof Island said:

Still nothing as of this moment. Any info on contact for the Manila office?

Use forum search, as surely someone posted on another thread.  You'll probably receive before Manila answers the email.

I'm assuming this isn't your first DD from SS.

35 minutes ago, Mitkof Island said:

Any U.S citizens here having direct deposits from Social Security in America. Trying to get a contact information for the Manila office. Is there a direct phone contact number there? My payment for the 3rd of January is late.

Just called Bangkok Bank and after being put on hold, the person answering the phone said there "might" be a delay. I know my SS deposit was made to Bangkok Bank yesterday, because it shows as being transferred yesterday on the My Social Security website.

18 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

Mine also arrived on 3rd (TH time), BB.  Always arrives on 4th or before.  

and so did mine  3rd around 9 am

It is almost impossible to contact a live person in Manila. I think you can call between 9am and 11 am on two days a week, but of course the lines are permanently busy. The service from Manila, like so many 'new technology improvements' has brought a catastrophic decline in service to save a few pennies. 

Payments are always late in January.

Hopefully won,t be a need to call or show up at the office door in Manila. As of now no deposit.

FWIW, there have been times when SS direct deposited my payment on the 3rd that also was a Friday and there was a holiday on the next Monday. So I didn't get my deposit until the next Tuesday, which would have been the 7th. 

19 minutes ago, retarius said:

It is almost impossible to contact a live person in Manila. I think you can call between 9am and 11 am on two days a week, but of course the lines are permanently busy. The service from Manila, like so many 'new technology improvements' has brought a catastrophic decline in service to save a few pennies. 

I have found that email support from Manilla is typically good. Rarely took more one or two days to get a proper reply.

And... I also got my deposit on the 3rd.

Edited by timendres

Just now, timendres said:

I have found that email support from Manilla is typically good. Rarely took more one or two days to get a proper reply.

Just now, timendres said:

They froze my SS payments last year from January until June. In April I had the misfortune of dealing with them to have it reinstated. I had to submit a form, and mail it to them by EMS because the local post office had a fire. Two months later in June I got a reply by email and had the mistake rectified. At no point could I speak to a person and never received any explanation for why not was frozen in the first place, despite having requested to know several times. Fortunately my financial position is such that I don't rely on SS and it just accumulates in BKK bank, but what if I relied on SS to eat or pay rent or get a visa? Those poor people would be frantic wouldn't they at having to put up with truly deplorably slow service.

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, retarius said:

They froze my SS payments last year from January until June. In April I had the misfortune of dealing with them to have it reinstated. I had to submit a form, and mail it to them by EMS because the local post office had a fire. Two months later in June I got a reply by email and had the mistake rectified. At no point could I speak to a person and never received any explanation for why not was frozen in the first place, despite having requested to know several times. Fortunately my financial position is such that I don't rely on SS and it just accumulates in BKK bank, but what if I relied on SS to eat or pay rent or get a visa? Those poor people would be frantic wouldn't they at having to put up with truly deplorably slow service.

I do as that is about 50% of my income.

1 hour ago, retarius said:

Did they send any sort of notice? In my case as of now my US bank account says deposit pending since this yesterday.

Did they send any sort of notice? In my case as of now my US bank account says deposit pending since this yesterday.

No notice of any kind, and I checked the spam folder. My payment is paid into a Thai bank and the first I leaned was when I went in to draw out some money in April, then learned nothing had been paid in. I receive emails to report my earned income each money which I never do because I have no earned income. They mentioned that that was not the issue, but didn't say exactly what the issue was. I have to say they were prompt with restoring the payments in July but the back payments took a little longer.

2 minutes ago, retarius said:

No notice of any kind, and I checked the spam folder. My payment is paid into a Thai bank and the first I leaned was when I went in to draw out some money in April, then learned nothing had been paid in. I receive emails to report my earned income each money which I never do because I have no earned income. They mentioned that that was not the issue, but didn't say exactly what the issue was. I have to say they were prompt with restoring the payments in July but the back payments took a little longer.

In my case a US bank account been pending deposit about 24 hours already.

Give it a couple of days and if it is not paid in, then start the process for having it restored. The sooner you start the process the sooner it is restored. But 24 hours, I wouldn't be worried at all if I were you, it is probably just a short delay because of Xmas and NY holidays.

2 hours ago, Mitkof Island said:

It seems that some are living beyond their means.

15 hours ago, gargamon said:

Don't worry about this months payment. It's next month you should be concerned about, with the government about to be shut down by the Repugnican house. 

"Social Security is considered a mandatory program, and it isn't funded by the shorter-term appropriations bills passed by Congress and signed by the president. That means its operations and funding don't stop when the government shuts down."

https://www.nbcnews.com/business/consumer/social-security-payments-what-happens-during-government-shutdown-rcna117359

• Agree 1

On 1/4/2024 at 2:39 PM, Mitkof Island said:

In my case a US bank account been pending deposit about 24 hours already.

I expect your payment has "posted" to your US bank acct by now/6 Jan.  The fact that your US bank shows "pending" o/a 2 or 3 Jan means the bank has received the ACH payment from SSA but the payment instructions say not to actually pay/post until XX date such as 3 Jan.   And if your bank system only updates say once a day it might not move from pending to posted until 4 or 5 Jan U.S. date. 

Now some banks (the better banks) will actually post the payment a business day (or more) before the SSA posting instructions as the bank basically cash-flows your payment which effectively pays you a little early.

But I expect your payment has posted by now since you stopped talking about it?   

On 1/4/2024 at 2:58 PM, WhatMeWorry said:

It seems that some are living beyond their means.

Perhaps there's a lot entitled recipients who don't have the luxury of any financial cushion. They don't need your snide comments, especially if they are veterans.

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Mitkof Island said:

No payments for February yet. This time it looks like it stopped.

IMPORTANT INFORMATION:

If you did not receive your monthly Social Security payment this month, your benefits have likely been suspended because we did not receive the annual questionnaire form that was mailed to you.

To reinstate your benefit payments, you will need to print and complete one of the forms listed below.

• If you are a Social Security beneficiary, please complete Form SSA-7162
  • If you are the Representative Payee for a beneficiary, please complete Form SSA-7161

When completing the form, please ensure that you include your complete name, address, contact number, SSN and sign the form. Once signed, mail the completed form to:

Social Security Administration
         ATTN: FEQ
         U.S. Embassy
         1201 Roxas Boulevard, Ermita
         Manila, Philippines 0930

Once we receive the completed form, we will take immediate action to reinstate benefits. Any past due benefits will be directly deposited into your bank account, usually within 7-10 business days. Thank you.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, racyrick said:

IMPORTANT INFORMATION:

If you did not receive your monthly Social Security payment this month, your benefits have likely been suspended because we did not receive the annual questionnaire form that was mailed to you.

To reinstate your benefit payments, you will need to print and complete one of the forms listed below.

• If you are a Social Security beneficiary, please complete Form SSA-7162
  • If you are the Representative Payee for a beneficiary, please complete Form SSA-7161

When completing the form, please ensure that you include your complete name, address, contact number, SSN and sign the form. Once signed, mail the completed form to:

Social Security Administration
         ATTN: FEQ
         U.S. Embassy
         1201 Roxas Boulevard, Ermita
         Manila, Philippines 0930

Once we receive the completed form, we will take immediate action to reinstate benefits. Any past due benefits will be directly deposited into your bank account, usually within 7-10 business days. Thank you.

Thanks so much this is what I was looking for. Hopefully the letter from Thailand will make it there.