Thai man murders father and sister in shocking drowning tragedy

webfact

image.jpeg

An unhinged Thai man confessed to murdering his father and older sister by convincing them to lie in a metal box, locking them inside, and subsequently dumping them in a pond in the Isaan province of Sakon Nakhon.

Locals in the Phang Khon district of Sakon Nakhon spotted two suspicious metal boxes in Nong Lum Hin pond at 12.40am today, January 9, and reported the discovery to a rescue team and officers from the Phang Khon Police Station.

The rescuers retrieved the boxes from the pond and found that each box was locked and tied with thick chains. They cut off the chains and the lock and discovered two dead bodies. They were later identified as a 33 year old woman named Piangpen Datephumee and her 68 year old father named Prayat Datephumee.

Officers reported that Piangpen and Prayat were thrown into the water while they were still alive. The initial autopsy showed that they died from lack of oxygen.

by Petch Petpailin

Photo via Facebook/ สมาคมหน่วยกู้ภัยสว่างพังโคน จ.สกลนคร 攀 空 善 堂

Full story: The Thaiger 2024-01-10

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

• Sad 5

4 hours ago, EVENKEEL said:

What the fork is wrong with these people. Always something bizarre.

This is in my neck of ricepattyville!

I wonder what the sick motive was?

“Always something bizarre”.

Im starting to get a sense of cautionary life living here.

My wife is always telling me to hide the kitchen knives , seclude the bug spray  poison , hide the gasoline bottle, dont point your finger in the direction of people , dont beep the horn.

Scary way to live at times!

Remember the 3 Stooges,Calling Doctor, Fine, Doctor Howard , Doctor Fine, crazy .

• Confused 1

8 hours ago, webfact said:

An unhinged Thai man confessed to murdering his father and older sister by convincing them to lie in a metal box, locking them inside, and subsequently dumping them in a pond in the Isaan province of Sakon Nakhon.

OMG... for once I have no words...

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, riclag said:

This is in my neck of ricepattyville!

I wonder what the sick motive was?

“Always something bizarre”.

Im starting to get a sense of cautionary life living here.

My wife is always telling me to hide the kitchen knives , seclude the bug spray  poison , hide the gasoline bottle, dont point your finger in the direction of people , dont beep the horn.

Scary way to live at times!

Remember the 3 Stooges,Calling Doctor, Fine, Doctor Howard , Doctor Fine, crazy .

I started out in Sakon, 14 yrs ago while I was still working overseas. Packed up the pickup, moved far away some years ago. I don't miss it one bit.

• Thumbs Up 1