Has anyone in Chiang Mai or Lamphun experience of REZUM treatment for prostate problems?

siftasam

I am interested in having the REZUM Water Vapour treatment for better urine/urethra flow. The usual problems for an oldie of frequency and urgency, especially nocturia. Has anyone had this treatment in Chiang Mai or Lamphun?

Could you recommend a hospital or a specific doctor to contact please? Also, please advise about cost if you have had this treatment.

Many thanks.

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, siftasam said:

I am interested in having the REZUM Water Vapour treatment for better urine/urethra flow. The usual problems for an oldie of frequency and urgency, especially nocturia. Has anyone had this treatment in Chiang Mai or Lamphun?

Could you recommend a hospital or a specific doctor to contact please? Also, please advise about cost if you have had this treatment.

Many thanks.

You do realise that Rezum treats an enlarged prostate......so is that causing your problem??

Had Resume treatment at Bangkok Hospital a year ago.  200,000 baht.  Still get up at night to urinate at least two or three times.  No change in frequent urination.  At age 83 maybe I shouldn't expect much change.

15 minutes ago, newbee2022 said:

It's actually a therapy used when you got benign prostate problems.

The patient will be

sedated and barely notices anything about the treatment. The urologist checks the correct position of the probe in the prostate using a cystoscopic camera. He pushes a thin needle out of the tip of the probe, from which several short and well-dosed bursts of steam escape. Each burst of steam lasts around nine seconds.

The water vapor has a temperature of 103 °Celsius; In the overgrown tissue itself it works at a temperature of around 73 °Celsius. The water vapor is distributed between the tissue cells and releases its energy there through water vapor condensation.

The energy contained causes the overgrown tissue to die. These tissue cells will then develop over the coming weeks

gradually broken down by the body.

After around three weeks, the patient can already feel significant relief from his symptoms.

Well, decide by yourself.🙏

That sounds like a sales advertisement of a hospital. Just to add that for the first 2 weeks or so you will definitely feel that you have been treated . During the first days you will have to wear a catheter which is inconvenient and sometimes painful with every move. Expect pain and a lot of blood during the first 2 weeks or so. 

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, msbkk said:

That sounds like a sales advertisement of a hospital. Just to add that for the first 2 weeks or so you will definitely feel that you have been treated . During the first days you will have to wear a catheter which is inconvenient and sometimes painful with every move. Expect pain and a lot of blood during the first 2 weeks or so. 

I didn't want to frighten him and described the procedure only. The Doc in the hospital will give him more information.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/10/2024 at 2:06 PM, xylophone said:

You do realise that Rezum treats an enlarged prostate......so is that causing your problem??

tou do realize this guy starts one off topics and never replies?

just check his profile

It is not yet available in CM AFAIK. Only became available in Bangkok a few years ago and even there, still just a few hospitals.

Note that to be a candidate for this (1) it must be BPH i.e. need to be reasonably sure not prostate cancer or other cause. (2) Prostate must be below a certain size.

(Pouatchee)  tou do realize this guy starts one off topics and never replies?

just check his profile

Are you referring to me? If so, it is not true and you should be ashamed of yourself.

I only post serious matters hoping for informative and helpful answers. I always try to respond. You will understand that, as I said in my original post, I am 77 years old and ill.

On 1/11/2024 at 11:03 PM, node said:

Bangkok hospital Bipolar, a combination of Turp & Laser went in Friday walked out Monday morning.

Sleep like a baby while the Urologist did his thing. 

Wore a catheter Friday & Saturday Sunday morning off. 

The best think I did for my life. Now I pee like a 25 years old, forgot what that felt like. Sometimes wake up once a night sometimes none at all. Drive from Bangkok to Hau Hin without having to leak.

Cost was 263,000 baht. Insurance paid full. Highly recommend that Urologist, knows what he is doing.

At 25 I was supping 8 pints of Boddington a night, so had no problem pi55ing, in fact problem was not waking up when that took place!

I do have enlarged prostate, as does my King. So I shall write and ask him which procedure he had.

22 minutes ago, siftasam said:

(Pouatchee)  tou do realize this guy starts one off topics and never replies?

just check his profile

Are you referring to me? If so, it is not true and you should be ashamed of yourself.

I only post serious matters hoping for informative and helpful answers. I always try to respond. You will understand that, as I said in my original post, I am 77 years old and ill.

Don't shout please. 

I too am same age, and at my age I can put up with getting up for a pee or two, instead of spending hundreds of thousands.

On 1/11/2024 at 11:03 PM, node said:

Bangkok hospital Bipolar, a combination of Turp & Laser went in Friday walked out Monday morning.

Sleep like a baby while the Urologist did his thing. 

Wore a catheter Friday & Saturday Sunday morning off. 

The best think I did for my life. Now I pee like a 25 years old, forgot what that felt like. Sometimes wake up once a night sometimes none at all. Drive from Bangkok to Hau Hin without having to leak.

Cost was 263,000 baht. Insurance paid full. Highly recommend that Urologist, knows what he is doing.

Thanks. Would be handy if you named the Urologist you recommend.

Sorry Kannika P. I didn't mean to shout. It was a pathetic comment though that I was responding to.

Best wishes to you. 

Tomorrow I go to have a urine test at  BKK hospital in Chiang Mai. He talked to me last week about having a Cystoscopy. I'll try to thank and update all who have been so kind and informative in their messages. It's very much appreciated.

Incidentally, I've looked at US rezum treatment on YouTube. It looks simpler and less expensive.