SE Non-O based on Marriage London Evisa application questions

I'm in the middle of applying for a Single Entry Non-O E visa from the UK. It looks like things may have become a little easier than previously or maybe I'm misintepreting things? If anyone has done this process recently I'd be grateful as I had a search on this forum and couldn't find answers to the following : 

1. For each 5 categories of supporting documents it only seems possible to upload one document. So there's no requirement for invitation from spouse, and no way to add more than document per category. Have I got this right? 

2. As they want jpegs, which I can only get to show one page, for Marriage Certificate, should I upload the original Thai one (of two which look almost the same apart from the stamp in the middle of the page) or the certified English translated version? (we got married in Bangkok)

3. Nothing's mentioned on the website about signatures. I'm assuming they want my signature on the appropriate docs, my wife's on hers and both of ours on the marriage certificate? And that we are therefore printing out a scan of the original, signing it, then scanning that signed copy and uploading that?

4. Lastly, assuming the visa is granted, should I be armed with cash (20,000 baht or similar) when arriving at Suvarnabhumi? My current understanding is that isn't necessary with this visa, but don't want to take any risks. 

Thanks in advance. Will submit this weekend and will report back how long it takes and how it goes. 

Edited by athousand

Don't remember needing signatures on the one I did in June past.

It's easier using jpgs, but you can use multi page PDFs. I just dropped scans into Libre office draw, and exported to a PDF (on the PC)

As long as your below the file size limit as shown on top right of that page 3MB maybe. 

Needed accom booking for the first couple of days.

They must of changed things, as I did need an email from the wife noting she knew of our visit in one of the fields.

We always take 20k per person, even though, the son was entering on his Thai passport and wouldn't be asked, just a habit! Never been ask for it..

Thanks UKResonant!

If you got married in Thailand did you give them the Thai or translated marriage certificate? 

I suppose if I can combine in a PDF I'll do both.

I'd go ahead now as I was only waiting for my wife's signature but the website is down :) so I might as well wait and get her to sign anyway. There may be a further page which might include the invitation and other things but I can't get there until I've submitted the docs.

I uploaded a 4 page pdf for the marriage certs

Just because that's the file I've used for years, even when I had to print it out

p1. Sworn Translation at the British Embassy (don't think they do that anymore?)

p2. Translation

p3. front of Thai Marriage Cert

p4. Back of Thai Marriage Cert.

1.53MB file size. created Dec 2006, Not far from the old British Embassy location :smile: !

I think just the Thai Cert would be fine for the application

Used PDF for Financial listing and the Marriage Cert, everything else was .jpg file type.

Edited by UKresonant

Excellent service from Thai Embassy London. Submitted application Friday afternoon. Visa delivered by email on Monday 10pm! That's around 1 working day turnaround. 

For flights there's no need to book as they only ask for a flight number - no actual tickets are uploaded. Similarly for hotel - just a hotel address is asked for but no booking. 

For marriage certificate I did a PDF with original and certified translation and for wife's id same for both her passport and thai id. 

No signatures were asked for on any of the uploaded documents.

I'd still like to know definitively, as much as is possible with Thai or any immigration at airports, whether there is any requirement for me to bring any cash with me. I'll be arriving on my own as my wife is going back a bit earlier than me, so won't have her to smooth things over with an immigration officer. Last time we visited, in May last year, the immigration officer was questioning my previous visas from five years before, even though I hadn't been to Thailand for five years,and they included a Non-O year extension! So while not paranoid, I'd like to cover bases etc. Would prefer not to carry the cash though as prefer not to use cash when possible. 

Edited by athousand
  • Thumbs Up 1

I always have the equivelent of 20k baht cash (per person) just in case that 1 in a hundred check happens. No problem on the 98 arrivals so far :jap:.....

Edited by UKresonant