Intharam Temple gives away over 1,000 gift items for National Children’s Day

p03-696x391-1.jpg

Inthraram Temple in the Mueang Mai Subdistrict of Amphawa District, Samut Songkhram province, is going all out for National Children’s Day, giving away gold rings, laptops, and smartphones.

Over 1,000 gift items are up for grabs, including one bag of rice for each person.

Phra Metheewatcharaprachathorn, better known as Assistant Professor Dr Luang Phor Daeng Nanthiyo, Advisor to the Abbot of Region 15, Abbot of Intharam Temple, donated bicycles and 50 kilogrammes of rice to various schools in the province. These are going to be used for activities to be held on National Children’s Day, which takes place tomorrow, January 13. Teachers from 42 different schools will be receiving this donation.

In addition, Intharam Temple is also preparing to provide 12 gold rings, 40 bicycles, five smartphones, 32-inch LED televisions, laptops, and refrigerators, along with more than 1,000 various toys to give away as Children’s Day gifts. The temple will also be granting 20 scholarships to children who study and behave well.

Dr Luang said that he had been a poor child who didn’t have toys to play with and often didn’t even have enough to eat.

By Puntid Tantivangphaisal

Caption: Photo courtesy of KhaoSod

Full story: The Thaiger 2024-01-12

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

• Like 1

Hey I give my money to the temple so I can get good luck and hard cash.  Healthy, wealthy and wise.

That is a legally binding contract.  Don't be giving it to kids that is what the welfare system is for.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1