Pest Control - Small Beetles/Roaches

I live in a relatively new and mid-upper market condo that was build in the last 10 years. However the building seems to have a pest control problem. I know from my real estate agent and several friends who live in the building that a common problem is a small beetle like insect. It may be a sub species of cockroach I am not sure.

I have bought several pest killing substances online, powders, goo, spray etc. In the beginning some of them seem to have a slight effect but now they do nothing. Standard insect spray like RAID seems to do little also. The only way is to splat them when i see them or the cockroach glue traps. The population has increased a lot in the last few months so I am looking for a better and potentially more permanent solution or at least something that will reduce the population in my area of the building/apartment. The juristic office also offers a pest control service but in the past it seems to also not be very effective. However I do plan on getting them in at the end of the month and clearing out all the cupboards and food so they can really go to town on the whole area to see if that makes a difference also. 

Part of the problem is there are fitted cupboards and LED lighting etc in the kitchen so there are many places they can hide and nest. Attached are some photos of them if anyone has any idea what species they are and any effective pest control measures/substances to help control them please let me know.

image0.thumb.jpeg.fd920b9b8b78f7d4abd9e144bbb1f38a.jpegimage1.thumb.jpeg.bfad8e5bd92ad860d6c93f40f6cd36ff.jpeg

Those are cockroaches.

Why not try those cockroach traps, or cockroach bait?

Also, from experience living in Taiwan and China....

If the building is infested, then the entire building must be fumigated in one go.

I would not live in an infested building, these days.

There is no need to do so in Thailand.

I have never had a roach problem in Thailand in any of the buildings or houses I have occupied.

These are the subspecies Bastidiousfukerous... and they're annoying as hell... 

As much as you can do to control your area they'll keep coming back. The only way to really control them in a condo is for the whole condo to be regularly fumigated as part of pest control measures...  this is something the condo management company or juristic committee need to be dealing with.

In our house we run pest control twice per year, but we often forget and get reminded when we see one of those Bastidiousfukerous scurrying across the floor and have to call out the pest control folk again to spray down all the drains, in the nooks and crannies under the sealed stairs, under the house etc... 

I went full on Chuck Norris and lobbed a paring knife at one a few years back, to my surprise I speared it to the flooring...  Felt hard as nails until the wife shouted at me.

• 2 weeks later...

1. Sanitation, cleanliness.  If you don't feed them they will not come. 

2. Chaindrite Crack and Crevice aerosol for spot spraying of problem areas. Cypermethrin and Bifenthrin with about a month residual effectiveness. Least toxic but use PPEs and avoid food and pet exposure. 

• Agree 1

20 hours ago, drtreelove said:

1. Sanitation, cleanliness.  If you don't feed them they will not come. 

2. Chaindrite Crack and Crevice aerosol for spot spraying of problem areas. Cypermethrin and Bifenthrin with about a month residual effectiveness. Least toxic but use PPEs and avoid food and pet exposure. 

I agree about Chaindrite. Indoors I use Chaindrite sprays (can get from Big C for about 100 baht).

Outdoors I use Chaindrite Stedfast 30 SC in a knapsack sprayer diluted with water at a ratio of 1:40.

10072021_52652$Imagec1.jpg10072021_15440$Imagec1.jpg

Edited by Mutt Daeng
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

• 2 months later...
On 1/12/2024 at 9:16 PM, GammaGlobulin said:

Those are cockroaches.

Why not try those cockroach traps, or cockroach bait?

Also, from experience living in Taiwan and China....

If the building is infested, then the entire building must be fumigated in one go.

I would not live in an infested building, these days.

There is no need to do so in Thailand.

I have never had a roach problem in Thailand in any of the buildings or houses I have occupied.

Why not indeed...