Come back to thailand and apply for an ED visa

I would like to come back to Thailand with a free visa on arrival, after extend it for another 30 days at immigration and apply for 1 year ED visa inside the country. Is it possible to do that? I was previously on a marriage extension but got divorced and already left the country

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

You need to contact the school.  They will give you the documents.  And then you take those documents to the Thai embassy in Laos.

It used to take 1 day but with the new improvements it takes 3 days now.  So have a nice trip in Laos.  I hear the tap water can kill you.

11 minutes ago, Chris Daley said:

You need to contact the school.  They will give you the documents.  And then you take those documents to the Thai embassy in Laos.

This is incorrect. Conversion takes place from a tourist visa or visa exempt entry in country. It is not currently possible, as far as I'm aware, to apply at a consulate outside the country for studying at an informal school.

2 hours ago, Jack1988 said:

I would like to come back to Thailand with a free visa on arrival, after extend it for another 30 days at immigration and apply for 1 year ED visa inside the country. Is it possible to do that?

You will be wasting your money on a 30 day extension. The current rules only allow you to stay on an ED visa for a maximum of a year from the date of your entry into the country.

38 minutes ago, Chris Daley said:

It used to take 1 day but with the new improvements it takes 3 days now.  So have a nice trip in Laos.  I hear the tap water can kill you.

I contacted an agency already. Is possible to apply inside the country, no need to go to apply at the Thai embassy outside Thailand 

25 minutes ago, JayClay said:

You will be wasting your money on a 30 day extension. The current rules only allow you to stay on an ED visa for a maximum of a year from the date of your entry into the country.

Hmmm but it takes more than one month to get an ed visa. The process is a bit long so I just want to avoid an overstay, that why I was thinking to extend another 30 days. What do you think about it?

10 minutes ago, Jack1988 said:

I contacted an agency already. Is possible to apply inside the country, no need to go to apply at the Thai embassy outside Thailand 

How much did they say the visa would cost ?

When I asked, the immigration wanted a 18 000 Baht bribe to change the visa within Thailand 

Hahahaha, the same Jack1988 that appeared on every Covid Extension thread back in the day, telling everyone that they won't last forever & that we should all go home, hahaha - Even had the audacity to send me a PM telling me "Bye Bye Thailand" no more Covid Extensions for you (I'm still here), hahaha.

Never failed to tell all members that he didn't require a Covid Extension as he was happily married - Now he's divorced & wants to come back on a ED Visa 🤣🤣🤣 Karma baby, Karma 🤣🤣🤣

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

43 minutes ago, RedArmy said:

Hahahaha, the same Jack1988 that appeared on every Covid Extension thread back in the day, telling everyone that they won't last forever & that we should all go home, hahaha - Even had the audacity to send me a PM telling me "Bye Bye Thailand" no more Covid Extensions for you (I'm still here), hahaha.

Never failed to tell all members that he didn't require a Covid Extension as he was happily married - Now he's divorced & wants to come back on a ED Visa 🤣🤣🤣 Karma baby, Karma 🤣🤣🤣

I couldn't help but think along the same lines. Oh the irony.

That's something guys on a "marriage visa" should always consider anyway - you're just one divorce away from needing another visa option, too.

• Thumbs Up 1

59 minutes ago, Caldera said:

I couldn't help but think along the same lines. Oh the irony.

🤣🤣🤣🤣

Looking back on his previous threads, he was already on a ED Visa back in July 2020 - Very strange character indeed.

12 hours ago, RedArmy said:

I am happily divorced and i can always come back to thailand. Don't waste your time to reply nonsense

• Haha 1

people here that like to comment totally nonsense. I have so much money, i can pay for a visa, no problem at all haha. Much better to be single and pay for a visa in thailand and not being a married farang that only pay and pay for the thai wife(FARANG ATM)

Edited by Jack1988
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, still kicking said:

I often wonder why people from the first world countries to come to Thailand for an education visa I just don't get it. Who will educate you?

Because I like to stay there for a long term. Not like a tourist for just 3/4 months with stressful border runs. Maybe you could educate me

46 minutes ago, bigt3116 said:

Then buy the elite visa = problem solved

I don't want to live in Thailand all the time. Just for a year would be enough. After go back and come back again