Ify pineapples in Ratanakorn

scubascuba3

First time I've seen this, a seller selling pineapple which has been coloured to appear ripe and sweet but is the opposite of that. Bright yellow on the outside, dull yellow on the inside.

First on the left as you enter.

I won't be buying again, avoid, or try it and report back

7 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

does that make it bright ripe yellow on the outside and dull on the inside?

Peeled? Unpeeled?

If unpeeled, why not buy from the wholesalers on the right hand side of the market, rather than the tourist oriented stalls?

4 minutes ago, NextG said:

Peeled? Unpeeled?

If unpeeled, why not buy from the wholesalers on the right hand side of the market, rather than the tourist oriented stalls?

Peeled, Last year i used to buy unpeeled from the right hand side, but the last week fancied the cut variety in ice. Buakhao soi 15 perfect, Ratanakorn 1st lady awful 

21 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Peeled, Last year i used to buy unpeeled from the right hand side, but the last week fancied the cut variety in ice. Buakhao soi 15 perfect, Ratanakorn 1st lady awful 

Took a look. No nefarious activity detected. Didn’t look painted nor particularly ripe. 

17 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

ah well you can't see the difference in colour until it's cut up, looks legit on the surface

Didn’t look that ripe on the surface either. Likely a different batch from the one that you chose. 

9 hours ago, Adumbration said:

Living the dream.  Retired and discussing pineapples.

It's indicative of a quiet contented life that such trivia is a discussion point!:passifier:

• Like 2