Captain Monday

10 minutes ago, Moonlover said:

Well don't eat it then. Simple innit!

So, not always my choice. I go with the flow

I can pick some goods out from between the egg slime

Then a plate of barbecue on green noodles from the side menu

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

I see it as 'fast food'....  as in, when I'm at a shopping mall and want something quickly... 

I don't like McDonalds, a KFC Zinger Burger may pass as may a Burger King ... the Food Courts are often like a zoo so I avoid those... 

Thus...  MK Suki sometimes does the trick, its simple and quick and IMO, its better than a western fast food.

Even better at MK Suki is ignoring the Sukiaki itself and going just for the Duck and Crispy Pork with some dry noodles.

The 'Real Thai Sukiaki' in other places always seems rather 'gloopy' and the meat rather 'treated' as if its been marinated for too long and is almost breaking down and decomposing !

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

I don't eat it often, but enjoy it when I do.   Usually seafood.  Just tell them no 'balls', whether fish or pork.   They always put the spicy sauce on the side, so you decide how much or little.   The soft boiled egg is a nice touch.

Think OP needs to pick better vendor for their Suki.

2 hours ago, Celsius said:

I  hate Thai food everything. The food for the poors.

I like Westernized Thai food which you can only get..... in the West.

I disagree I don't like Thai food either but if you live in big cities (Bangkok, Pattaya) You can find decent western food. I found a few places in Pattaya which serve really good and tasty western food but if you live in the sticks it will be hard to find. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

Shabu in Central Pattaya now has a Platinum menu to order from instead of the choo choo train. The food cooks quickly in the broth. Some nice cuts of beef thinly sliced.

10 hours ago, Captain Monday said:

Bland boiled vegetables, fish balls and meat.

Remember when you were young, and they could not pay you enough to eat something. and now you love it?

Your ability to taste certain flavors  changes .  This is proof that different people taste things differently. Also things that you associate with pleasant events evoke positive responses in your brain. 

So Thais living in the culture they have grown up in have a particular taste range (A physical ting) and positive associations with some foods (a mental thing), no different than you and me who cultural evolutions has imprinted certain flavors. in us.

So something that you find bland another ethnicity might find Aroy mak mak, and vice versa.

I don't dislike Suki hot pot dinner, but I don't particularly like it also. My wife and her sister love it. And I love my wife, so often I pretend I am in the mood for MK, and it makes the wife happy.

I like making my wife happy. :smile:

9 hours ago, Celsius said:

Good job you don't live in Thailand then isn't it?

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, sirineou said:

I don't dislike Suki hot pot dinner, but I don't particularly like it also. My wife and her sister love it. And I love my wife, so often I pretend I am in the mood for MK, and it makes the wife happy.

I suppose your wife has the same approach in the boudoir?

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, Celsius said:

I tend to agree with you. I find it harsh and lacking depth. Much prefer Indian, Japanese or Italian food. The food which my ladies cook at home is better than restaurant food, maybe it is adjusted for my palate better.

As far as MK is concerned I find it waaaay overpriced for what it is, but I like the duck and dim sum and like fish and shrimp wantons; I also like the end when my wife orders an egg and a bowl of rice, boils down the broth into a more concentrated soup and dumps the egg and rice in....

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Agree 1

• 2 weeks later...