Sreta the tax hog

Considering how puke thai are showing their true colors, i wonder how long before they start collecting land taxes. No one i know has had to pay any, including my wife and me. Prayut talked about it 3-4 years ago but decided not to add financial burden on the thais. I dont think sretta will be this generous considering his 10 000bht giveaway he has to finance

I have been paying Land and house tax for a few years now here on Samui. 18,000 baht + last year for two houses.

The first year had 90% discount. Second year was less. Now full price.

When they catch you, there are penalties for late payment. It will be back dated.

It all depends if your property was registered correctly when it was built. Most weren't. Mine was.

Don't blame Sreta - it was Prayut.

Edited by Tropicalevo

7 hours ago, Tropicalevo said:

I have been paying Land and house tax for a few years now here on Samui. 18,000 baht + last year for two houses.

The first year had 90% discount. Second year was less. Now full price.

When they catch you, there are penalties for late payment. It will be back dated.

It all depends if your property was registered correctly when it was built. Most weren't. Mine was.

Don't blame Sreta - it was Prayut.

My wife says she looked into it a few years ago. first, are your houses registered with a company? second, she says it might have to do with the size of the land and the value of the house... after discussing this with her she will look into it. 

but, i am not blaming sretta YET, but i am curiously waiting to see what else is in the works with him. this guy is a snake, leave it to a billionaire tax evader to stick it to the populace. i guarantee he knows all the loopholes and knows how to close them.

Edited by Pouatchee

2 hours ago, Pouatchee said:

My wife says she looked into it a few years ago. first, are your houses registered with a company? second, she says it might have to do with the size of the land and the value of the house... after discussing this with her she will look into it. 

but, i am not blaming sretta YET, but i am curiously waiting to see what else is in the works with him. this guy is a snake, leave it to a billionaire tax evader to stick it to the populace. i guarantee he knows all the loopholes and knows how to close them.

I do not disagreed with your comments abut the man.

All of the promises that he is making favour big businesses.

Your wife could be correct.

One house in company name. One in the name of my Thai business partner.

The land is the most expensive on Samui. Before Covid - 35 mil per rai. I am not sure these days. (I paid 3 mil per rai a very long time ago and people told me that I was crazy to pay that much.)

Edited by Tropicalevo

12 minutes ago, Tropicalevo said:

I do not disagreed with your comments abut the man.

All of the promises that he is making favour big businesses.

Your wife could be correct.

One house in company name. One in the name of my Thai business partner.

The land is the most expensive on Samui. Before Covid - 35 mil per rai. I am not sure these days. (I paid 3 mil per rai a very long time ago and people told me that I was crazy to pay that much.)

Well see. I put my wife on a mission to find out. My land and house maybe 7 mill total... but i really dont know. As you know thais inflate the sales price. If the gvt did a valuation they prolly would bring the value down a lot. That might help when the boogyman comes a claiming taxes

10 hours ago, Pouatchee said:

No one i know has had to pay any, including my wife and me.

Because you didn't pay yet doesn't mean it isn't owed.

Land taxes are a law for several years already, but as with everything else in Thailand, the laws are not enforced.

I think there is also a clause that if you are registered as living in the property, you're exempt.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pouatchee said:

As you know thais inflate the sales price. If the gvt did a valuation they prolly would bring the value down a lot.

From what I have seen here, yes. Sales price is always high but the amount declared for paying tax is usually lower.

The government valuation is closer to the declared 'sales' price.