Which is the best choice?

Greetings,  I will be visiting Thailand next month and need some advice on which visa to get, on arrival or tourist visa?   I'm coming from the USA and will stay for just under 90 days. I do have a return ticket that indicates that. What say you?

Thanks in advance,

Walter

NO VOA for us passport>
30 day visa exempt on arrival, might need onward flight

60 day tourist visa in advance, 30 day extension at immigration.  wont need onward flight

• Thumbs Up 1

Too many questions to answer and provide proof of;

- R/T ticket, income, paid hotel, personal finances, copy of passport stamps etc etc

- Sometimes proof of health insurance

- Different requirements dep on what country you coming from

1. Biodata page of Passport or Travel Document
  2. Photograph taken within the last six months
  3. Document indicating current location
  4. Travel booking confirmation
  5. Proof of accommodation in Thailand, e.g. Accommodation bookings, invitation letters from family/friends in Thailand

Required Document
(Please check relevant embassy/
consulate's website for specifically
required documents)

-Do visa free entry - no questions. Just walk in. No need proof of anything except ticket out of Thailand within 30 days. Later get 30 day extension and visit to Vietnam or Cambodia for an other 30 days.

• 2 weeks later...

OK guys, I got the e visa. It was a bit of a hassel but worked out OK. Another question, can I got through passport control at BKK along with my Thail wife or must I wait with the resy of the falang?

On 1/30/2024 at 3:20 PM, WalterTP said:

can I got through passport control at BKK along with my Thail wife or must I wait with the resy of the falang?

According to a recent thread you can go throuh the Thai line if traveling together.

btw, how long did it take them to issue the Visa?

Edited by unheard

On 1/14/2024 at 12:40 AM, zzzzz said:

60 day tourist visa in advance, 30 day extension at immigration.  wont need onward flight

Is that normally the case with every airline? As in no need for an onward ticket with the 60-day Tourist Visa?