Visa if you want to leave Thailand once a month

Just got an inquiry for a job that would require me to fly back to America once a month for a meeting or something.

Sounds like a stupid idea to me, it's just Csuite executives flexing their opinions on the workers.

But is this possible to do in Thailand?

I thought there was a rule you couldn't enter and leave on 30 day visas too much?

And the maximum number of exits on a one year visa is 3 correct?

But it's impossible to get any long term visa approved in Thailand in less than a month.

So, is this situation basically impossible to do under current rules in Thailand?

• Confused 3

Assuming that means you'll be working in Thailand when you're not flying to the USA for meetings, you'd have more than a visa issue.

I'm sure lots of people do it under the radar, but it'll be interesting to see how (if?) that changes now that they'll be scrutinizing incoming money to comply with the new tax rules.  And if the revenue department interfaces with immigration.

BTW, what's your age?  Do you qualify for a retirement visa?

Edited by impulse

Not a direct answer to your question, but I had a customer that insisted I do similar. My first requirement was to make sure all travel was at least full fare J class on a single carrier (or alliance) so that miles would get me upgrades to F.

I'm not working in Thailand, I'm only working in America.

My visa doesn't allow me to work in Thailand.

There's no evidence I work in Thailand. 

I get W-2s from my employer mailed to my home in America.

Get your nose out of my business.

I'm asking about traveling in and out of the Kingdom of Thailand once a month so I can conduct business in America.

Not Thailand. 

You Pattaya Barstool businessmen got me all wrong, I swear. 😄

Edited by SiSePuede419
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 5
  • Agree 2

Lodge an application with the Thailand Elite programme 

That is what I did until I achieved the minimum age of ”retirement” visas

I was basically forced into it but it was a great deal for me for 5 (plus:wink:)years

Captain Monday - ”Constant International Travel”

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

20 hours ago, SiSePuede419 said:

I'm asking about traveling in and out of the Kingdom of Thailand once a month so I can conduct business in America.

Not Thailand. 

Elite Visa is the easiest but not cheapest 

Check the 10-year renewable Long Term Resident visa, specifically the Work-from-Thailand Professionals. Tax exemption from overseas (outside of Thailand), 1-year (vs 90-day) report to immigration, multiple re-entry permit, fast-track service at Thailand international airports. 

Dedicated IO window for LTR visa. 

50,000 baht.

https://ltr.boi.go.th/documents/LTRbrochure-EN.pdf

See also (nice table presentation, not a recommendation)

https://KPMG.com/th/en/home/insights/2022/11/legal-news-flash-issue-19.html

My experience Pensioner category - takes 2-3 weeks depending on time to gather required documentation and review by BOI. Telephone and e-mail contact with proficient English-speaking visa sponsor BOI available. I used BOI at the One Start One Stop Investment Center at Chamchuri Building near MRT Sam Yan station - same floor as IO.

20 hours ago, SiSePuede419 said:

Do you have a valid visa issued from a Thai Embassy/Consulate, or a 1-year extension of stay issued by an Immigration office?

On 1/14/2024 at 7:32 PM, Woof999 said:

Not a direct answer to your question, but I had a customer that insisted I do similar. My first requirement was to make sure all travel was at least full fare J class on a single carrier (or alliance) so that miles would get me upgrades to F.

the ultimate premium cabin on intercontinental flights isn't always first class. Many airlines call their best premium cabin business class, and don't have first class at all. Airlines that do have first class may not offer it on every aircraft type or every flight.

On 1/15/2024 at 5:23 AM, SiSePuede419 said:

Not Thailand. 

Nice and kind reply...:whistling:

However, you will need a long-term visa and extensions of stay to live in Thailand more permanently; for example a non-O based on marriage, if you don't apply for a long stay visa that permits you to do distance work from Thailand.

When applying for the annual extension of stay you can also apply for a multiple re-entry permit – 3,800 baht – which allows you to re-enter unlimited within the period of extension of stay.

On 1/15/2024 at 11:23 AM, SiSePuede419 said:

Not Thailand. 

You ARE working while in Thailand, it doesn't matter where your company or customers are based. You will have to pay tax here too starting from Jan 2024 when you stay in this country more than 180 day in a year. 

• Haha 1

On 1/15/2024 at 6:44 AM, SiSePuede419 said:

Just got an inquiry for a job that would require me to fly back to America once a month for a meeting or something.

Sounds like a stupid idea to me, it's just Csuite executives flexing their opinions on the workers.

But is this possible to do in Thailand?

I thought there was a rule you couldn't enter and leave on 30 day visas too much?

And the maximum number of exits on a one year visa is 3 correct?

But it's impossible to get any long term visa approved in Thailand in less than a month.

So, is this situation basically impossible to do under current rules in Thailand?

If they test for drugs .... forget it!! 

On 1/15/2024 at 11:23 AM, SiSePuede419 said:

Sorry but that made me laugh, you post on an open forum, without full details and get angry at those helping.

if you are on an extension of stay and get a re entry permit, you can leave and return each month. I did 10 exits that way on my last yearly extension.

If you are on a multi entry visa, I have never heard of the only 3 restriction, so again no problem.

I am not interested in your work arrangement, that is just irrelevant, to your question.

On 1/16/2024 at 8:34 AM, khunjeff said:

There are no rules forbidding you from coming and going as much as you want, as long as you have a multiple entry visa or reentry permit

Ahhh my mistake.

I thought there was a limit. 

And you have to pay a fee based on how many exits you want to do.

Yes, I have a one year Non O "wife support" visa. 

And a "Multiple" reentry permit.

Oh, I haven't seriously considering a job that requires me to fly back to America 12 times a year. 

Too much wear and tear not to mention costs.

30,000+B for a one way economy ticket to America right now.

That's 720,000B per year cost just for flights alone.

Staying in hotels, waiting for shuttle buses, arriving hours early for flights just to be trapped in a giant shopping mall aka "airport" eating overpriced airport food...

ain't my cup of tea. 😄

Edited by SiSePuede419
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1