BTC Mining in Thailand

I have a house in Thailand and am considering mining BTC. My official residence is in the USA. Would there be any issues with the mining rigs being in Thailand but keeping all of the wallet/transactions on the US side for the sake of taxes?

• Sad 1

13 minutes ago, BrianStar said:

I have a house in Thailand and am considering mining BTC. My official residence is in the USA. Would there be any issues with the mining rigs being in Thailand but keeping all of the wallet/transactions on the US side for the sake of taxes?

Other than AseanNow/ThaiVisa, are you going to advertise your endeavours to all and sundry?

Ps. You might need some heavy duty cooling (powerful air conditioning) to keep things running. Let us know how profitable it is after paying all the electricity costs.

Edited by soi3eddie
  • Thumbs Up 1

21 hours ago, soi3eddie said:

Other than AseanNow/ThaiVisa, are you going to advertise your endeavours to all and sundry?

Ps. You might need some heavy duty cooling (powerful air conditioning) to keep things running. Let us know how profitable it is after paying all the electricity costs.

I planned to keep entirely silent other than reaching out for any who may already have some experience. I can't see how anyone would even know it's here unless PEA will take notice to my house maxing out the meter during off-peak and pretty much never consuming any energy during peak times. I'm already 2/3 off-peak with my normal usage.

It'll be a hydro set-up with the radiator mounted outside in the ambient. The room will be air conditioned. I'm still working the math on sizing the radiator. If Thailand's ambient temps are too much for the system, I could use a plate heat exchanger with refrigerant to cool the water rather than blowing heat into a room then air conditioning the room. There's also the possibility of dumping heat to the pool but I'd only want to do that in the cooler months. Yes, the wife actually complains about 30°C water being too cold in December. There was only 2 days last year when I found it too chilly to swim.

I'm installing a 25KW solar system on the house. The plan is to only mine using the excess power and during off-peak times. I'm sure BTC will drop again but I think it's bottom is likely going to remain around where the cost to mine is so I'm not all that worried about the volatility. Sometimes you'll be making bank and other times just buying into a future investment.