Man Found Dead After Being Attacked by Bees

snoop1130

419813695_876151481184338_4379754805591816732_n-696x393.jpg

A Thai man was found dead under a tree along Highway 331 in Chonburi on Monday, with authorities suspecting he may have fallen while attempting to cut a beehive and been stung by the bees.

Police from Nongprue Police Station received a report about a body found under a tree and rushed to the scene along with the rescue team in the afternoon of January 15th, 2024.

There, they discovered a blue Isuzu trailer truck parked by the roadside. About 50 meters from the highway, Nongprue police discovered the lifeless body of Mr. Weerachai Sunthonrak, a 35-year-old resident of Sisaket and landscaper, lying face-down under the tree. An investigation revealed cut marks on the tree trunk, suggesting that Mr. Weerachai had been trying to climb the tree to cut a beehive.

By Tanakorn Panyadee

Caption: PHOTO: TMN Cable TV Pattaya

Full story: The Pattaya News 2024-01-16

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

Bees can be very protective when provoked.  There's a large open field next to the house, and I needed to trim back some brushes growing around the utility pole, i didn't see the small hive and those bees came out stinging, they got me 3 times in a matter of seconds before I took off running as fast as I could.  

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

Maybe bees have been wrongly accused. Do they have an alibi? Are there any giant Asian hornets in the area? The latter have an extensive rap sheep and the same modus operandi. I see a movie forthcoming (another one, yawn)

• Sad 1

Confusing part of this story is did the cops go to the location on getting a call from his supervisor and find the body, or was it the supervisor who found it.???

It just seems strange to me police would go and look for a missing worker.

12 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

419813695_876151481184338_4379754805591816732_n-696x393.jpg

A Thai man was found dead under a tree along Highway 331 in Chonburi on Monday, with authorities suspecting he may have fallen while attempting to cut a beehive and been stung by the bees.

Police from Nongprue Police Station received a report about a body found under a tree and rushed to the scene along with the rescue team in the afternoon of January 15th, 2024.

There, they discovered a blue Isuzu trailer truck parked by the roadside. About 50 meters from the highway, Nongprue police discovered the lifeless body of Mr. Weerachai Sunthonrak, a 35-year-old resident of Sisaket and landscaper, lying face-down under the tree. An investigation revealed cut marks on the tree trunk, suggesting that Mr. Weerachai had been trying to climb the tree to cut a beehive.

By Tanakorn Panyadee

Caption: PHOTO: TMN Cable TV Pattaya

Full story: The Pattaya News 2024-01-16

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

Nature's fighting back🙏

RIP to this man.

As far as bee stings; I've gotten apitherapy before for arthritis in my fingers, worked well but not the most pleasant experience. Arm was swollen clear up to my shoulder after one ten sting session. Plus it was incredibly itchy for about twenty four hours, a deep, deep itch that you couldn't get too. Would I do it over again(?), yes because I couldn't hardly bend my fingers in the mornings before the treatments.