COPD/Asthma MEDS in Thailand 2024 info

Ventolin/Salbutamol inhaler: Generic Aerotamol by Aerocare

Ipratropium/Fenoterol combo inhaler: Aerobidol by Aerocare B280

Budesonide/Pulmicort: Generic Aeronide by Aerocare B280

Montelukast/Singulair: Generic Astair by Sriprasit Pharma

Fluticasone/Salmeterol Combo inhaler/Advair/Seretide: Generic Seroflo 125 by Cipla

All the generics listed above can be found or ordered at any decent pharmacist in Thailand.

All the generics above cost a fraction of branded equivalents.

I am not a doctor.

I hope the above info is helpful to somebody.

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

I use Seretide. It's not universally available over the counter. In my Isaan province I have a tame pharmacist who will supply it though in Khon Kaen, a neighbouring province, it's not available in the pharmacies that I have tried.  It's available in Pattaya (as are most things!) but not everywhere. When I first came to Thailand Boots used to supply it over the counter in Pattaya but that stopped some time ago. 

17 hours ago, sniggie said:

I use Seretide. It's not universally available over the counter. In my Isaan province I have a tame pharmacist who will supply it though in Khon Kaen, a neighbouring province, it's not available in the pharmacies that I have tried.  It's available in Pattaya (as are most things!) but not everywhere. When I first came to Thailand Boots used to supply it over the counter in Pattaya but that stopped some time ago. 

My doctor prescribed Seretide for me, but changed it to Flixotide because of the "harmful steroid" in Seretide. I also use Spiolto Respimat. I get that from Bangkok Drugstore (online) and get next day delivery in Isaan via Kerry Express.  Beredual is a good alternative to Ventolin and is also an over the counter inhaler.

On 1/16/2024 at 8:41 PM, sniggie said:

I use Seretide.

My Siwss doctor changed be from Beclamethasone (inhaler) to this and I am convinced it caused my weight gain. I went back to Beclamethasone  aersol inhaner which is not universally available but I've found two or three chemists in Chiang Mai that stock it. It's also was suppoed to be a wonder cure for Covid.....