Last Night's Soaking CM Rain: What Does This Portend?

Hi Folks,

This is not one of my usual humorous postings, for sure.

Throughout last night and into the morning, we had a very steady and soaking rain here in CM.

(Also, this has led me to believe that I may not need the sprinklers that I had asked about in the DIY forum, but still not 100% sure.)

Anyway, during my many years in Thailand, I do not recall such a soaking rain, a steady rain, and a welcome rain, as we had during, mostly, the wee hours.

I believe that we are witnessing just another example of what many have called the Great Global Warming Effect, attributable to the great CO2 outgassing due to human endeavor, and the burning of coal, etc.

Yes, for sure, our climate is changing here in CM, just as it is rapidly changing almost everywhere, if not EVERYWHERE.

For me, this is not a big deal.

I can easily adjust, just as most of you will be able to do the same.

However, just as a matter of curiosity...

Do you believe that the Raining Season here in Thailand will now be arriving about three months earlier than ever before?

If so, should we move up the Thai holidays to coincide with these new dates of changing seasons, and the changing times of the Monsoon?

I am speaking, principally, about the Songkran Water Festival.

What might happen if the Raining Season in Thailand, from this day hence, might begin in mid-January, as I expect it already has?

Will this throw a KINK into the airlines' scheduling and planning, for example?

So much to think about...

And...so little time to prepare for the more pronounced impacts of Climate Change.

YES...

For sure.....

I do often think about the impacts of Global Heating, and I know that they are REAL, Baby!

And, in fact, we will see far more changes during the next few years...

And do not think you can wish away these changes, because radical change is already upon us.

Any thoughts?

Let us plan for the future, instead of escape into a less threatening dreamland of unreality....

Best regards,

Gamma

Edited by GammaGlobulin
  • Haha 2

Climate change is REAL.

Look at the facts.

2023 was the hottest year on record.

Do not expect the usual weather pattern.

Expect more hot weather, more rain, more snow, more tornadoes as well as more droughts.....

Edited by flyingtlger
  • Haha 2

17 minutes ago, flyingtlger said:

Climate change is REAL.

Look at the facts.

2023 was the hottest year on record.

Do not expect the usual weather pattern.

Expect more hot weather, more rain, more snow, more tornadoes as well as more droughts.....

Yes, of course.

As the global mean temp increases, then this will cause increased water vapor in the atmosphere, which will cause more rain to fall, even as the land becomes dryer.

This is just one thing that most people seem to misunderstand:  Increasing temps will lead to more rainfall...but....the land will become drier.

Please Note:  A dryer is a machine that dries something, such as clothes.  And, drier is an adjective that describes what is happening to the land about us as the global mean temperature continues to rise.

I love the English language in its complete versatility to adequately and easily describe almost any outcome of Nature.

Edited by GammaGlobulin
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Skipalongcassidy said:

And are you worried that you might be constipated if you do not have your bm at precisely 8 am everyday?

No.

As I have already stated/implied in the Lounge....

The with withholding of the STOOL is unwise...

Either from one's doctor...or...

Otherwise.

Keep this in mind if you want to stay healthy and regular.

By the Way;  Is this your best attempt at lowbrow repartee....?

Edited by GammaGlobulin

What does this portend? Another post by Gamma, is what it portends.

If you have lived in Thailand as long as claim, you would have seen a number of these. In fact it is nothing out of the ordinary and btw, I am a firm believer in global warming. Now dawn is about to break, how about a cup of coffee & relaxing?! Move away from the keyboard GG, move away.    

Thanks

27 minutes ago, Dcheech said:

What does this portend? Another post by Gamma, is what it portends.

If you have lived in Thailand as long as claim, you would have seen a number of these. In fact it is nothing out of the ordinary and btw, I am a firm believer in global warming. Now dawn is about to break, how about a cup of coffee & relaxing?! Move away from the keyboard GG, move away.    

Thanks

You say jump.

I will only ask...How Far.

Dawn is approaching...and...in this....

You are correct.

I lost my virginity listening to this guy...OR...

Was it the Moody Blues?

Do you recall?

=======

Anyway....One More Time..please...but different....

Edited by GammaGlobulin

On 1/17/2024 at 7:04 AM, GammaGlobulin said:

Hi Folks,

This is not one of my usual humorous postings, for sure.

Throughout last night and into the morning, we had a very steady and soaking rain here in CM.

(Also, this has led me to believe that I may not need the sprinklers that I had asked about in the DIY forum, but still not 100% sure.)

Anyway, during my many years in Thailand, I do not recall such a soaking rain, a steady rain, and a welcome rain, as we had during, mostly, the wee hours.

I believe that we are witnessing just another example of what many have called the Great Global Warming Effect, attributable to the great CO2 outgassing due to human endeavor, and the burning of coal, etc.

Yes, for sure, our climate is changing here in CM, just as it is rapidly changing almost everywhere, if not EVERYWHERE.

For me, this is not a big deal.

I can easily adjust, just as most of you will be able to do the same.

However, just as a matter of curiosity...

Do you believe that the Raining Season here in Thailand will now be arriving about three months earlier than ever before?

If so, should we move up the Thai holidays to coincide with these new dates of changing seasons, and the changing times of the Monsoon?

I am speaking, principally, about the Songkran Water Festival.

What might happen if the Raining Season in Thailand, from this day hence, might begin in mid-January, as I expect it already has?

Will this throw a KINK into the airlines' scheduling and planning, for example?

So much to think about...

And...so little time to prepare for the more pronounced impacts of Climate Change.

YES...

For sure.....

I do often think about the impacts of Global Heating, and I know that they are REAL, Baby!

And, in fact, we will see far more changes during the next few years...

And do not think you can wish away these changes, because radical change is already upon us.

Any thoughts?

Let us plan for the future, instead of escape into a less threatening dreamland of unreality....

Best regards,

Gamma

It portends that we are doomed, doomed I say, and I say again DOOMED.

doomed.jpg

Of course CC is real.   Feel free to send some of that rain down here.  Be a nice addition to the overnight temps of late, and quite comfy.   If not for the slightly higher air pollution, we could leave the AC off and have the evening air flow through the house.

Though not the best idea all night, as RH is still way too high.  But a quick breeze to cool down the house naturally would be nice.

So the ACs stay on all night to knock the humidity down and clean the air.