Dial Bar Soap: Discontinued? Why? Then...Best Replacement in Thailand?

My Dial-soap Friends:

Why has Dial Bar Soap been discontinued?

If it has been discontinued, then what is the replacement here in Thailand?

I have been using LUX bar soap...BUT....Lux is just to foamy and scummy for me, ie...it leaves a scum on the bathroom tiles, IMHO, when Dial never did.

I like a soap with minimum fuss and foam.

I know a good bar soap when I feel it on my skin.

I like a soap which gets my skin....

SQUEAKY CLEAN....and not SLIMY CLEAN....and a soap which is easy to rinse clean....

This is not a small issue, for me, anyway, since I bathe up to twice per day, especially during the Hot Season.

I used to use Dial, RELIGIOUSLY....

Here is why.....

So, what to do?

Any help fragrantly appreciated....

Regards,

Gamma

Note:  Dial Bar Soap, at least for me, always made my day in the mornings.  I love the feel of the Dial Bar on my body, head to toe.  Really, it was GREAT.  Also, after leaving the US, and moving to Taiwan, over 45 years ago, I was unable to get Dial, much to my amazement.

Note2:  Therefore, here in Thailand...what is the best alternative that will give me the Same FEEL in the Shower, each and every morning....??? 

Thanks, Dial, and...I am sorely missing you!!!

NOTE3:  This is NOT a joke post....

Here is the Wikipedia link to Dial Soap....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dial_(soap)#:~:text=Dial is an American brand,subsidiary of Henkel AG %26 Co.

I just cannot find it in the stores in CM....

I really like this soap....

If I cannot buy this....

Then, is there any close facsimile?

NOTE4:  Go here to find out why the original Dial Bar Soap formula was discontinued in the US....

In September 2016, the FDA ruled that antibacterial soaps containing triclocarban and triclosan can no longer be marketed.[9] Dial replaced these ingredients with benzalkonium chloride (for bar soaps) and benzethonium chloride (for liquid hand soaps). In its 2016 ruling, the FDA also stated that it is deferring the final rule on benzalkonium chloride, benzethonium chloride and chloroxylenol by a year to allow for the development and submission of new safety and effectiveness data for these ingredients. Consumer antibacterial washes containing these specific ingredients may be marketed during this time while data are being collected.[10]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dial_(soap)#:~:text=Dial is an American brand,subsidiary of Henkel AG %26 Co.

Edited by GammaGlobulin

Try the Japanese soap they sell at Don Quiote or Matsumoto Kiyoshi. Good stuff. Better than Dial or Irish Spring guaranteed. Nice and rich, smells good and washes off easily.....

image.png.a76e83c8151275491e096d3d479d8d19.pngimage.png.85056081b04e1c3e35022d292a5524d5.png

Edited by flyingtlger

15 minutes ago, flyingtlger said:

Try the Japanese soap they sell at Don Quiote or Matsumoto Kiyoshi. Good stuff...

image.png.a76e83c8151275491e096d3d479d8d19.pngimage.png.85056081b04e1c3e35022d292a5524d5.png

OK....I WILL....and Thank you!

By the way, I should just like to mention the reason why I once loved Dial so much....

I am sure the reason is related to the fact that Dial was created by.....GENIUSES!

"Dial emerged as a result of a collaborative effort by a team of accomplished chemists that worked at Armour and Company, with Emmett Patrick Glynn standing out as a key contributor. This dedicated team collectively crafted Dial, a truly pioneering product. Remarkably, despite their remarkable achievement, none of these brilliant minds, including Glynn, were rewarded with substantial compensation for their groundbreaking work."....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dial_(soap)

You know, in Thailand, it's not so easy to get a perfect shower.

And I have made the effort to get a more perfect shower, please believe me....

a. I have great water pressure now after installing a higher pressure water pump.

b. I have good color-combinations of tiles in my bathroom

c. I have relocated the shower head way up high, as it should be.

d. I have rectified many problems that most people encounter with the typical Thailand/Asian/Chinese showers.

e. I have plenty of hot water now that I have installed a water heater adequate to the job.

f.  And, a few things more...

So, my selection of the proper bar soap for my shower is the final problem I am trying to solve, at the moment, before I achieve my perfect shower.

If you are anyone like me, then you, especially in the cooler months, enjoy spending up to an hour in the shower.

And, even when the Hot Season is upon me, I turn up the AC (my AC has a 2.5 horsepower compressor) to full blast, and cool myself down before jumping into a steaming shower. 

Being celibate, as I still am, this is one of my greatest pleasures in life.

And, if I can find the perfect bar soap, then my prayers will be truly answered.

Tks.

Gamma

And...

Regards

Edited by GammaGlobulin

I can't help, as I'm a LUX fan.  You might try Amway soaps, as I know they don't (didn't) add the chemicals that make soap foam up, as soap doesn't naturally do that.   Pricing in TH, I haven't a clue.  USA it was more expensive per bar, but not per use, as they also don't melt away like the rest.

Disclaimer:  haven't used in decades, as in 3 at least.

6 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

I can't help, as I'm a LUX fan.  You might try Amway soaps, as I know they don't (didn't) add the chemicals that make soap foam up, as soap doesn't naturally do that.   Pricing in TH, I haven't a clue.  USA it was more expensive per bar, but not per use, as they also don't melt away like the rest.

Disclaimer:  haven't used in decades, as in 3 at least.

Yes.

The foaming agent added is to compensate for the so-called HardWater, here....

And...YES!

The Lux disappears quickly, once you add water....!

Just add water, and the Lux bar soap is....GONE!

• Haha 1