Now what!?

DD86

I thought that exise and/or import taxes were subject to lowering according to rescent information. Yeah, after they raised the prices first maybe?

'100 Pipers' used to be 695 Baht per liter and then after being absent for a number of days there it was back in stock again.

But hey, 835 Baht? That is a brutal price raise of 20%. Oh, my $$.

Benmore and Bell's have already been out of stock for weeks. Wonder with what price raise those will come back.

Being a good conspiracy theorist, I guess there's more to this. But as with any conspiracy, uncertainty is the main issue.

What say you?

• Confused 6
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, DD86 said:

I thought that exise and/or import taxes were subject to lowering according to rescent information. Yeah, after they raised the prices first maybe?

'100 Pipers' used to be 695 Baht per liter and then after being absent for a number of days there it was back in stock again.

But hey, 835 Baht? That is a brutal price raise of 20%. Oh, my $$.

Benmore and Bell's have already been out of stock for weeks. Wonder with what price raise those will come back.

Being a good conspiracy theorist, I guess there's more to this. But as with any conspiracy, uncertainty is the main issue.

What say you?

Probably more to do with exchange rates.

On 1/17/2024 at 9:41 PM, DaddyWarbucks said:

Anyone who drinks 100 Pipers, Benmore, or Bell's has lowered their standards already.

You can't get much lower and still seriously call it Scotch whisky.

That said, Benmore is not bad as a mixer on the rocks with soda and a slice of manao.

I was spoiled recently when my son-in-law gave me a bottle of Auchentoshan single malt. That can be enjoyed neat like a cordial whereas the cheaper blends can't.

Hi So, mai?

• Haha 2

Remember way back when, big to do about TH & AU's FTA, and local Aussies were excited about the 'new' lower wine prices they were expecting ... :cheesy:

.... that was funny sh!t right there :drunk:

TIT ... I realized it doesn't matter what they sign or say, they will continue do as they please.   Which is fine be me.   Their country, I'm just here on an extended visit.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Even lower than '100 Pipers'?

I wouldn’t know since I don’t drink the stuff. Though I’m told Lao Khao is great dirt cheap distilled swine urinal waste for those who are economically challenged. 

• Haha 1

Since 2022/3, they no longer stock Appletons or Plantation Rhum in my local. Mt Gay is still sold by a couple outlets but it is has increased in price by 30 % (390 B). Havana Club has only went up a 160 baht or so. A bleeding bargain these days

Popular conspiracy theories as to why, among our mook brigade are, wait for it ........ Biden, or being 'woke'.  

aaa58736.jpg

I calculated that I've saved around $300,000 USD over the last 35 years since I took the oath.  Most of that is booze I didn't buy, but a lot of it is also the stupid money I didn't spend because I wasn't drunk.  Largely on women...

YMMV.

• Sad 3
  • Haha 1

On 1/17/2024 at 8:53 PM, novacova said:

If you can’t afford it then lower your standards.

As if we can all afford single malt. Your answer implies you probably can.

• Sad 1