Anyone seen chairs like this for sale?

giddyup

20 hours ago, giddyup said:

I bought 4 of these 14 years ago in Naklua, Soi Post Office, but the shop is no longer there. I don't know if the business relocated, but maybe someone knows.

P1060126.JPG

P1060127.JPG

I would take the picture and show it to embedded locals on Sawangfa. They might know something, especially if you remember the approximate location of the shop. 

6 minutes ago, NextG said:

I would take the picture and show it to embedded locals on Sawangfa. They might know something, especially if you remember the approximate location of the shop. 

I remember exactly where the shop was, it was in the same location for years, run by an old Thai couple.

1 hour ago, giddyup said:

I remember exactly where the shop was, it was in the same location for years, run by an old Thai couple.

Hopefully, like yourself, they are still alive and kicking. There should be embedded locals who know them. 
Though fourteen years is a long time to expect them to have the same stock. 
Would also try the temple shop, as likely they too have been there the whole time and perhaps know the old couple. Hot work in this weather 🥵 

What’s in the old location of the shop now? 
It might be possible to even come up with the name of the old shop. That would likely help to glean further info. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Rather strange, we have the same chairs and a matching table, bought from the same shop around the same time as you, they sit outside on the deck and have lasted very well. I think we had some of the rattan replaced about a year back and looked for the shop as well but eventually found a different place that could do it anyway, the legs are looking a little old but apart from that they have done very well.  

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Rimmer said:

Rather strange, we have the same chairs and a matching table, bought from the same shop around the same time as you, they sit outside on the deck and have lasted very well. I think we had some of the rattan replaced about a year back and looked for the shop as well but eventually found a different place that could do it anyway, the legs are looking a little old but apart from that they have done very well.  

They were used in a lot of bars around that time, but have no idea as to where they were actually made. Ours have lasted well also, arms are looking a little grubby, but that may scrub off. We have two glass top tables bought same time, a coffee table and a small round table. Still have the original cushions which are looking a bit tatty now.

• Like 1