How Can I Help My 10 Year Old Thai 'Stepdaughter'?

siftasam

1 hour ago, noobexpat said:

Oh god. Stop with the advice.

Taxation of trust contents differs if the trustee is resident or non-resident in the country in which it was created.

Im done with you as it seems you think you know everything about trusts and how they work and in your limited exposure to them.. Im not offerring help to you,  it was an option to the OP.  Have a great day noob

What in the world is this thread about. The OP clearly states he plan to put a house he have on usufruct in the will. How is that possible? He do not own the house, and is only entitled to stay there until he dies or leave. 99 years does only apply if the holder of the usufruct lives beyond the limited time. Therefore, he can not leave the house to anyone, as he not stand as the owner.

Edited by Gottfrid

1 hour ago, Dan O said:

Im done with you as it seems you think you know everything about trusts and how they work and in your limited exposure to them.. Im not offerring help to you,  it was an option to the OP.  Have a great day noob

I do it professionally, so thats just unfortunate for you.

You are offering help? 555 i think you need to dial down your perceived capabilities!

2 hours ago, daveAustin said:

Another one! Have any idea of what I think about you now?

ah shut up big mouth. too lazy to come up with your own lines?

2 hours ago, daveAustin said:

Yuck. Why would someone the op has absolutely zero connection with be more deserving than a kid he has come to love?

this op... before you say another word with your don quixote attitude... why dont you go check his profile? he starts bleeding hear topics and then disappears. he is always crying about his health or something or other. here are some of his op's:

Dying unexpectedly in Thailand

Has anyone in Chiang Mai or Lamphun experience of REZUM treatment for prostate problems?

Is there any kind of '10 Year Rule' about living with a Thai woman?

Old age sex?

Prostate Problems

this guy is a troll. i knew a guy, same age same exact situation. he used to call the little girls his daughter. i was her teacher and the guy was where i was from, and there arent that many around. the little girl only put up with the old guy because at the end of the day she was made quite aware of this guys value to them. most of these 'deserving' kids would not give you the time of day now. you imagine it will get anyb better when they are teenagers? they will only wish you dead. so, sop box austin... i wish i could really tell you what i think of you... crusader of the fools

• Confused 1

20 minutes ago, noobexpat said:

I do it professionally, so thats just unfortunate for you.

You are offering help? 555 i think you need to dial down your perceived capabilities!

You are far from any professional in this area so take your own advice and everyone will be better suited. 

20 minutes ago, Dan O said:

You are far from any professional in this area so take your own advice and everyone will be better suited. 

Forums and their dumb people.

Offer some knowledge or zip it old man.

• Confused 1

30 minutes ago, noobexpat said:

Forums and their dumb people.

Offer some knowledge or zip it old man.

You don't have to read if you don't like the post, you can just move it along..  But dont make up lies to try to make yourself important. My info wasn't for a noob anyway

7 hours ago, Gottfrid said:

What in the world is this thread about. The OP clearly states he plan to put a house he have on usufruct in the will. How is that possible? He do not own the house, and is only entitled to stay there until he dies or leave. 99 years does only apply if the holder of the usufruct lives beyond the limited time. Therefore, he can not leave the house to anyone, as he not stand as the owner.

you are unaware that a usufruct holder can make a lease with a 3rd party, for 30 years, that remains valid, also after his demise... the question is... is there a trust-able person he knows...

Let most of the money be invested, and paid out to her in steps, perhaps a small one without further info of any more from 18, in that case you will not spoil them and they might think they just face the hard life anyone has without a booster upfront. The money that then still comes, likely will be spend better and sustainable, too.

41 minutes ago, john donson said:

you are unaware that a usufruct holder can make a lease with a 3rd party, for 30 years, that remains valid, also after his demise... the question is... is there a trust-able person he knows...

Sure, but totally irrelevant. It will still be the person with the name as owner of the house and land that is the only one who can put a house in a will or decide about another owner. This thread is a joke!