GPS Tracker Technician to fit & set up to a motorcycle?

Ozyron

Any recommendations for a GPS tracker to be fitted to a new Honda Click motorcycle please? Was hoping to fit with isolation switch also, am in the Jomtien/Pattaya area but will travel if need be? Any suggestions greatly appreciated?

I'd suggest buying one off Lazada then going to any motorbike shop that installs alarms and ask them the install price. 

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/real-time-gps-gsm-gprs-tracker-gps-locator-global-locator-anti-theft-alarm-st901-i4065210633-s15849777076.html?from_gmc=1&exlaz=d_1:mm_150050845_51350205_2010350205::12:20771742606!!!!!c!!15849777076!317244652&gad_source=1&gclid=Cj0KCQiA2KitBhCIARIsAPPMEhJEYxoGr9arvaVv7_58eQB_J_JBAxQ1sJ7pWdE9afZL-8gN--QbTLwaAgw7EALw_wcB

Side note, when my wife bought her new motorbike, it was about a week old when she went into a darkside 7-11 to buy a bottle of water, in that less than 3 minute absence, two wanna-be thieves tried to steal her motorbike, the steering column was lock and they kicked the front tire to try and break the locking pin. they didn't succeed.  Driving home she noticed the steering was off and took it to the shop the next day, the shop checked it and said it's common for thieves to kick the locking pin and have a friend with another bike to help push the stolen bike away.  We used a kryptonite lock for the next few months after that. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Also he aware that 1st Class insurance on New Motorbikes.  Mine covers 80% the value of the Motorbike.  

Understand also that if GPS is always on, using Mobile Phone connection then it will drain the battery.  Batteries seem to only last about 18 months before needing replacement.

• Thumbs Up 1

59 minutes ago, J Branche said:

Also he aware that 1st Class insurance on New Motorbikes.  Mine covers 80% the value of the Motorbike.  

Understand also that if GPS is always on, using Mobile Phone connection then it will drain the battery.  Batteries seem to only last about 18 months before needing replacement.

True. Bike batteries are not very big, unlike a car, so if you don't use the bike for a few days the battery may be a bit low.

Something to be aware of.

Could get a small solar panel to hook the bike up to so you won't have to worry. 

1 hour ago, Treebeard said:

As an alternative, you could put a Samsung smart tag, or Apple air tag on the bike. No need to start messing about with wiring then. They do work best with the applicable make of phone.

Not really the same thing  :whistling:

Edited by Daffy D
Grammar!

On 1/20/2024 at 11:59 AM, Daffy D said:

Not really the same thing  :whistling:

Indeed, not really the same thing, but will it achieve what is wanted? If tracking a stolen bike, then yes. Also does not need wiring to the bikes battery, no sim card either.

Anyway, just suggesting an alternative. Nothing wrong with a gps tracker either if that is your preference,

• Love It 1

On 1/20/2024 at 12:59 AM, Treebeard said:

As an alternative, you could put a Samsung smart tag, or Apple air tag on the bike. No need to start messing about with wiring then. They do work best with the applicable make of phone.

I use the Samsung Smart Tag 2 on my Fender Guitar. I just duct taped it to the neck bolt.

Easy to stick a Smart Tag on a motorcycle.

Can track the tag on my Samsung phone.

I also tag my suitcases and condo keys.

• Thumbs Up 2

3 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

I use the Samsung Smart Tag 2 on my Fender Guitar. I just duct taped it to the neck bolt.

Do they only work with Samsung phones or can they work with any Android phone?

3 hours ago, scottiejohn said:

Thanks!

Before I order/search on Lazada what is the actual cost of a real one?

I paid around $30 in the US for mine.

You have to be careful on Lazada because some vendors sell fake tags.

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

34 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

I paid around $30 in the US for mine.

You have to be careful on Lazada because some vendors sell fake tags.

Thank you for that response.  That is why I asked for the price of the genuine article from you!

I now have a benchmark figure to work from!

I use Lazada a lot but normally only for things I know about and have had very few problems.

Thanks again!

I use Tracki for 2 years now. Extended battery lasts about 5 days, without a charge. So it can be hooked up to charge only when the MC is running, like into the lighting circuit. Of course, you'll need to run the MC about once every 5 days for about an hour, to keep it full charged, depending on the frequency of data updates. The battery can last longer, depending on the features activated. Buy from tracki.com

Edited by Banana7

Some interesting points made.

But keep in mind the operating distance of the tracker, and if the bike is stolen and hidden in a shed, having the tracker active only when the ignition is on ain't  gonna be much use.

• Agree 1

17 hours ago, Daffy D said:

Some interesting points made.

But keep in mind the operating distance of the tracker, and if the bike is stolen and hidden in a shed, having the tracker active only when the ignition is on ain't  gonna be much use.

They have batteries and a recharging facility, so one can expect 5 or so days use. 

On 1/19/2024 at 5:19 PM, bbko said:

the shop checked it and said it's common for thieves to kick the locking pin and have a friend with another bike to help push the stolen bike away.  We used a kryptonite lock for the next few months after that. 

When I see them doing that, I always thought they were dumb A$$s and either ran out of petrol or trying to conserve petrol.   Now I'll have the thought they are steal scooters ... :coffee1:

Crime is that bad in Patts.  And people used to wonder why I locked my helmet to the scooter when simply going in 7-11.  Not so much loss of helmet to buy again, but I'm a hard fit.

• 2 weeks later...

Get a   fashion tracker battery lasts a week and you've got historical tracking and instant positioning highly recomend this gps had it 2 years (keep an eye on the mrs) under 1000baht off lazada and easy set up yourself..ps usb to charge battery

• Like 1

On 1/23/2024 at 4:09 PM, Danderman123 said:

Yes, I have two tags. Excellent buys.

• Like 1

On 1/23/2024 at 9:15 PM, scottiejohn said:

Thank you for that response.  That is why I asked for the price of the genuine article from you!

I now have a benchmark figure to work from!

I use Lazada a lot but normally only for things I know about and have had very few problems.

Thanks again!

Lazada Samsung store for genuine product.

image.png.921b377e726d81e13a6371aab96dd935.png

• Like 2