oral NTHi vaccine for bronchitis - is it available in Thailand

simon43

My lungs are always somewhat 'fragile', and I have had many cases of pneumonia in the past.  Nowadays I have had both types of pneumonia vaccine (longterm cover), as well as an annual flu vaccine.  But I still suffer from regular bronchitis events.

I have read that there is now an oral NTHi vaccine for bronchitis and I wondered if it is available in Thailand, possibly by pre-ordering it from a private hospital.

I'm trying to protect my lungs/respiratory tract from infections, particularly because I usually live in rather remote regions (Laos/Myanmar).

Wim Hof Breathing.  It might help the symptoms.  It exercises and expands the lungs.  I'm not going to make any claims that "It WIll Cure Your Bronchitis For Sure."  I'm just stating that I do it daily and I find I have excellent lung capacity. Also, I have asthma but it does not bother me at all. 
Today's maximum full-breath hold was 3 minutes 35 seconds.  Not bad for a guy in his 70s.  I'm sure there are other breathing exercises that can be found, but WHB works well for me.  Give it try.  You can find it on YouTube. What's there to lose?  It's just an exercise.

59 minutes ago, connda said:

Wim Hof Breathing.  It might help the symptoms.  It exercises and expands the lungs.  I'm not going to make any claims that "It WIll Cure Your Bronchitis For Sure."  I'm just stating that I do it daily and I find I have excellent lung capacity. Also, I have asthma but it does not bother me at all. 

Thanks but I don't have any problems with my lung capacity.  Previous x-rays etc find no shadows in my lungs and my lung capacity is fine (I jog and walk 5km every day).  The issue is upper respiratory tract infections leading to chronic bronchitus.

20 hours ago, simon43 said:

Thanks but I don't have any problems with my lung capacity.  Previous x-rays etc find no shadows in my lungs and my lung capacity is fine (I jog and walk 5km every day).  The issue is upper respiratory tract infections leading to chronic bronchitus.

Just trying to help.  I find it easier to cough up phlegm within my lungs after doing a session or two.  Best of luck.