Opal Swing

My wife has just been given an old Opal Swing car. It's been in the family for years and the log book has gone missing. Is there any way to find the year of manufacture and are Opel Swing parts available in Thailand. Maybe this should be in the motoring section but I can't find it?

17 minutes ago, Gandtee said:

My wife has just been given an old Opal Swing car. It's been in the family for years and the log book has gone missing. Is there any way to find the year of manufacture and are Opel Swing parts available in Thailand. Maybe this should be in the motoring section but I can't find it?

I envy you for having such a luxurious and opulent motor car at your disposal...you never know, another 30-40 years

it's gonna be worth a mint as a sought after antique car...( all in good fun yeah?)

Edited by ezzra
  • Sad 2
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, ezzra said:

I envy you for having such a luxurious and opulent motor car at your disposal...you never know, another 30-40 years

it's gonna be worth a mint as a sought after antique car...( all in good fun yeah?)

Ha Ha. But it's better than the 1993 Toyota Corolla that's given us good service, but just kicked the bucket, I think. Maybe it's worth a few bob? I've tried to save the planet by not using up its resources by buying new things. You may call it being, a tight arse. At 90, anything I buy now is a waste of money. Other than food and beer. :wink:

• Agree 1

42 minutes ago, Gandtee said:

For almost any model of car, there's a local (Thai) social media group, or 'fan club'. I'll be surprised if there isn't one for this as well. People on these are nutters for details, it's a good place to ask. Our car mechanic got one, I'll try to remember asking him about when in town.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Morch said:

For almost any model of car, there's a local (Thai) social media group, or 'fan club'. I'll be surprised if there isn't one for this as well. People on these are nutters for details, it's a good place to ask. Our car mechanic got one, I'll try to remember asking him about when in town.

Thanks.

28 minutes ago, Gandtee said:

That's the answer I was looking for. Thanks.

The tenth digit may be a letter. This chart will decode the letter into year of manufacture.

Screenshot_20240120-134202_Samsung Internet.jpg

Edited by alanrchase
Correction

8 minutes ago, alanrchase said:

The tenth digit may be a letter. This chart will decode the letter into year of manufacture.

Screenshot_20240120-134202_Samsung Internet.jpg

Thank you and those that came up with good advice.

On 1/20/2024 at 1:54 PM, Gandtee said:

On 1/20/2024 at 1:54 PM, Gandtee said:

I've deduced that this Opel Swing is a 1996 model. It runs well. Bangkok to Sattahip no problems. My wife is concerned that it might be overheating when she is driving it locally. Where can I find the normal running temperature information? Thanks for any pointers.