100,000 - 300,000 Rising to the Challenge

ChrisKC

This item is in the Health Forum because it is hoped to encourage others towards good health and fitness

On 1st January I received an invitation from my Health App to complete, either 100,000 – 200,000 or 300,000 steps for the entire month. They were graded as “Beginner”, “Intermediate” or “Professional”

I chose Professional because that required me to walk on average 10,000 steps every day to reach my goal. For me it was easy, as I had already done 150 consecutive days average of around 15,000.

Sara, my wife, was persuaded to join me at the Beginner challenge (100,000 steps) that required only 3,300 steps per day – her average was about 3,000 already.

Both of us would be awarded a “medal” if we succeeded.

By coincidence, our separate Apps showed we would reach our goal on 17 January, a full 14 days before the deadline.

Sara had “workouts” that amounted to about 15 kms walking, while the remainder was in ordinary daily activities.

I walked 129 kms (workouts) in that time as well as my own moving about all day, inning and outing, upping and downing.

And for good measure, I will go through 1,000 kms by month end in walking workouts over the last 5 months.

Yes, you did it - good work!.jpg

That's 5,880  steps every day!!.jpg

It's a feeling goood day!.jpg

Can I reach half million by month end.jpg

Same Day Goal-Getters.jpg

• Like 1
  • Confused 1