Road Surface Upgrades Underway in North Pattaya

snoop1130

420170318_772585744893336_7240415618057758215_n-696x522.jpg

The Sukhumvit Road-North Pattaya intersection is currently undergoing a comprehensive road surface improvement project in a bid to enhance the overall traffic experience for residents.

Pattaya City has entrusted the Bunyakit Thana company to carry out the road surface enhancements on Sukhumvit Road at the North Pattaya intersection, heading towards Sattahip, to address deteriorated road conditions at four traffic signals.

Two traffic lanes on the left side of the road have been closed, commencing from the stretch before reaching the U-turn point near the Caltex petrol station, extending through the Motorway No. 7 intersection, and concluding at Sirisa 12 Village. The affected area spans a total distance of 650 meters.

By Tanakorn Panyadee

Full story: The Pattaya News 2024-01-19

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

7 hours ago, sungod said:

absolute chaos with drainage going in on the opposite side of the carriage way, avoid at all costs!

Situation normal then for pattaya.

Traffic chaos, in and around pattaya and Jomtien was one of the many reasons I left the place a few years back.

I got to the point that the car was parked up and only used once a week.

the rest of the time, used a motor bike to get around town.

Traffic chaos will only increase every year.

Also a nice little earner as they say. 

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, jcmj said:

Why do they start this <deleted> during the high season. There’s already too many traffic jams due to incomplete road construction. They just don’t get it, or could care less. Pattaya city is a nightmare to drive through these days. 

You're having a "high season" with a notable increase in vehicular traffic, notably tourist buses?

They're doing it now because it's not raining.

• Agree 1

39 minutes ago, sungod said:

Actually its not, when both carriageways are open it flows quite well, except for weekends when its busy with visitors from Bangkok. That said, ever been in Hua Hin at weekends, the main artery is choked too.

Having lived and worked in Bangkok, when people make comments about how bad the traffic is in Pattaya I just laugh, it's a doddle in comparison.

That's funny, thought we were in the pattaya news thread, talking about road maintenance issues in pattaya.

my mistake. :crazy::cheesy:

Situation normal year in year out.

wonder if they will dig beach road up this year.

just for a change. :cheesy:

Ps is second road Jomtien still a disaster zone. :coffee1:

Edited by quake
  • Sad 2

20 minutes ago, quake said:

That's funny, thought we were in the pattaya news thread, talking about road maintenance issues in pattaya.

my mistake. :crazy::cheesy:

Situation normal year in year out.

wonder if they will dig beach road up this year.

just for a change. :cheesy:

Ps is second road Jomtien still a disaster zone. :coffee1:

You know what that say about people who laugh at their own jokes......

• Confused 1

Yes Bangkok Hospital has many people off work at 17:30.  Avoid the area near rush hours, late afternoon Sunday and between 16:00 and 19:00 if at all possible.  Think Bangkok Friday rush hour to picture the amount of traffic and time delays.

As long as everything is torn up why not start doing the overpasses over the major intersections like they have been doing to the south on Sukhumvit.   Keep going with the project working north.  

18 hours ago, newnative said:

As long as everything is torn up why not start doing the overpasses over the major intersections like they have been doing to the south on Sukhumvit.   Keep going with the project working north.  

Is there a plan to build them.....? I heard rumour or gossip about them after the underpass was finished, but, as we see, nothing has happened wrt that in the last 7 years  is it now? Not heard of any compulsory purchases or anything. 

2 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Is there a plan to build them.....? I heard rumour or gossip about them after the underpass was finished, but, as we see, nothing has happened wrt that in the last 7 years  is it now? Not heard of any compulsory purchases or anything. 

Years ago my spouse and I saw a model at City Hall that showed two other underpasses besides the one that was built.  One went under North Pattaya and a longer one went under South Pattaya and Thepprasit.  All three should have been built; I don't know why the other two were not, or if they will ever get done, or overpasses, instead.