So after another up grade

8 minutes ago, still kicking said:

Can't clear messages do not have emoticons no fast up button what more do you need?

Most likely a limitation of the CMS or lacking developers.  Up button would be nice but looks like more maintenance than an upgrade on AN.

• Agree 1

I’m

1 minute ago, flyingtlger said:

Sounds like you have virus....

It’s not a virus.  It’s just features that are limited due to the site be old coming from TV.  Without knowing the backend, hard to say what’s going on.

1 minute ago, reefsurfah said:

I’m

It’s not a virus.  It’s just features that are limited due to the site be old coming from TV.  Without knowing the backend, hard to say what’s going on.

At least a decent response.

• Agree 1

I'm on a pc so emoji's (emoticons) are still available. I have to use the keyboard "Home" key to get back up to the top. I've also noticed the "Topics" on the right hand side of the screen are sporadic - sometimes they're there, and sometimes they're not.

From what I remember, this upgrade was to switch to a cloud-based server to provide better service and faster response times. All I've noticed is I frequently have to stop the page and refresh when clicking on a topic cuz it just hangs.

Every time someone offers an upgrade, my anus puckers. I recently had to switch to Windows 11 on a work pc and I have never hated an OS as much as this. It takes two to six times as many steps to do what I used to do in one step with Windows 10 and two particularly important (to me, anyway) features were removed intentionally by Micro$oft. Upgrades? If it ain't broke, DON'T FIX IT!

Still, for what I pay to be a member of AN is cost effective.

Edited by HappyExpat57
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, HappyExpat57 said:

I'm on a pc so emoji's (emoticons) are still available. I have to use the keyboard "Home" key to get back up to the top. I've also noticed the "Topics" on the right hand side of the screen are sporadic - sometimes they're there, and sometimes they're not.

From what I remember, this upgrade was to switch to a cloud-based server to provide better service and faster response times. All I've noticed is I frequently have to stop the page and refresh when clicking on a topic cuz it just hangs.

Every time someone offers an upgrade, my anus puckers. I recently had to switch to Windows 11 on a work pc and I have never hated an OS as much as this. It takes two to six times as many steps to do what I used to do in one step with Windows 10 and two particularly important (to me, anyway) features were removed intentionally by Micro$oft. Upgrades? If it ain't broke, DON'T FIX IT!

Still, for what I pay to be a member of AN is cost effective.

Exactly... when IT says "upgrade"... they mean reinvent the wheel as if they were the first to think of it... they are IT after all... they do not even use the forum.

1 minute ago, Skipalongcassidy said:

Exactly... when IT says "upgrade"... they mean reinvent the wheel as if they were the first to think of it... they are IT after all... they do not even use the forum.

I used to work IT. We had several workers and the IT manager getting spun up to justify their existence by supporting an intranet. They caused WAY more work for the engineers at the firm to accomplish their tasks. The employees didn't give two squirts about the "experience" provided by the internal website, they just wanted to get stuff done.

I left just as the IT team was rolling out a Business Management System (that's right, BM's 555). They also tried implementing a Fast Action Response Team until I pointed out how farcical the acronym was. Never have I ever been so glad to see a job fading away in my rearview mirror!

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, reefsurfah said:

The back to top can be done but requires a plugin or script.  Invision community took this away as a built in feature.  This is what AN is running on as you can see it’s the same interface. https://invisioncommunity.com/forums/topic/443502-back-to-top-button/

Admin indicated the plugins would be done shortly after the recent maintenance so any time now surely.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

On 1/20/2024 at 5:57 AM, HappyExpat57 said:

I used to work IT. We had several workers and the IT manager getting spun up to justify their existence by supporting an intranet. They caused WAY more work for the engineers at the firm to accomplish their tasks. The employees didn't give two squirts about the "experience" provided by the internal website, they just wanted to get stuff done.

I left just as the IT team was rolling out a Business Management System (that's right, BM's 555). They also tried implementing a Fast Action Response Team until I pointed out how farcical the acronym was. Never have I ever been so glad to see a job fading away in my rearview mirror!

Yes my experience as well though not in IT that time.  Intranet was another stupid layer back then and it never worked.